Teensy 3.5/3.6 Breakouts Available Now + Discount for PJRC Forum Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the surface-mount headers are on the same 0.1" grid. To be honest, I just spread some flux on, align them by eye, tack them in place, and solder them on. You have to be careful, but they don't need to be super-ultra-crazy precise since there's a little bit of tolerance with the holes. I've never not been able to get the boards to eventually mate with each other, though sometimes it requires a little extra force or going back and bending a few pins here and there.

One of the Teensy's internal 5-pin through-hole headers (for the USB host port on the 3.6 or A25/A26 on the 3.5) is not on the same 0.1" grid. I think that's what you were thinking of.

I may have worried too much about the surface mount headers. At work we use some 10 pin 0.050" pitch dual row that are a couple inches apart and getting them close enough can be a pain. I had no trouble with the breakout board.

... yes I looked at the link that says "Boards are for sale here" . Loglow, any guess on the date of the next batch?

Hi, and I'm sorry about the recent stock trouble!

It ended up being a perfect storm between a large unexpected wholesale order from Germany coinciding with the Chinese new year, which basically shuts down the whole country for the month of February.

Fortunately, this has given me an opportunity to try a brand new PCB supplier. They're located in South Korea, and I just received the first run of boards from them. They're beautiful. The tolerances are fantastic, and the printing is extremely crisp. They're more expensive than most Chinese houses, but I might switch anyway. I'd have the boards manufactured in the United States, but the costs are simply prohibitive (they're roughly an order of magnitude more expensive), and I don't want to increase prices.

Right now, the Teensy 3.2 Breakout Kits and Teensy 3.5/3.6 Socket Kits are back in stock.

The Teensy 3.5/3.6 Breakout (Standard) kits should be in stock later this evening, definitely by tomorrow!

The Teensy 3.5/3.6 Breakout (DIP-64) kits should be in stock within the next 10-20 days.

Finally, don't forget to use the PJRCFORUM25 code if you end up ordering anything!

Finally got the chance to hook up this breakout board. Package included all the necessary parts and detailed instructions. Everything works perfectly! Thanks loglow for a solid product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back