Contributions audiolibrary

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotoYota

Hi,
I was wondering if you are accepting contributions to the audio library.
I was wondering since I see quite a lot of open PRs on the github repository.

I have absolutely no experience yet with hardcore DSP stuff, but I am a developer by trade (albeit not c++ native).
I was thinking that the library could benefit the most by relatively low level building blocks that allow others to build larger concepts.
There are quite some powerful modules already and I am really thankful for that.
But I guess it would be great to have some public (up-to-date) roadmap/wishlist so it would be easier to contribute.
Also I am really interested in the work by chipaudette to porting the library to support (native) floating point. And personally I'd love to see that merged as soon as possible even if it is not finished. If I look at the code, it would not break any current behavior since everything is in separate classes.
But having it together would also for example allow for an AudioConnection class automatically handle the conversion through overloading I guess.

What do you all think? What (simple) features could be added that would mostly improve the libraries flexibility?

Hi,
I was wondering if you are accepting contributions to the audio library.
I was wondering since I see quite a lot of open PRs on the github repository.
Hm, 14 open, some of them are not right (like the last one and a few more), 100 are closed. That's quite good?

What do you all think? What (simple) features could be added that would mostly improve the libraries flexibility?
[/quote]

For me:
- A concept for streaming audio and less hardware-dependend players (like - a unified waveplayer with FLASH, SerialFLASH, SD as source..) + Samplerate-conversion
- A more flexible GUI-Tool that accepts "unknown" audio"objects"
- An on/off switch for audio-connections (at runtime)

- Others often mentioned wavetable-synthesis
- Oversampling for in- and outputs(currently in PT8211 only, i think)

Last edited:
(I accidentally deleted my reply while trying to edit it on my phone, so here goes again)

You're right 14 open PRs is quite good, and of those the mergeability is disputable indeed.

I like the idea of a more unified waveplayer. Also I was thinking the wave playing itself could use some extra basic options like ability to specify start/end-points, basic looping and of course speed/pitch control.

Isn't wavetable synthesis basically covered by the waveform class supporting arbitrary waveforms?

Also I guess that waveform oscillator could benefit from more modulation options.

Also I was thinking the wave playing itself could use some extra basic options like ability to specify start/end-points, basic looping and of course speed/pitch control.
Yes, there were requests like this.
But it must be easy to use, for beginners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back