Ethernet stream to serial interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

serT

Hello.

Before diving deeper in the teensy matter i wanted to clarify if following project is feasible:

Ethernet stream -> WIZ820io -> Teensy 3.5 -> UART ->.

I got a video stream that i feed into the WIZ820io. With the teensy i want to read out the incoming UDP packets and hold them in a buffer. Like in the Ethernet example "UDPSendReceiveString" Udp.read(packetBuffer, 1500). I would increase the buffer to 2D to be able to hold multiple UDP packets. Like int packetBuffer[60][1300], which can hold 60 UDP packets with each a size of 1300Byte.

So the buffer got filled by the incoming packets and on the other side will be emptied by trasmitting the buffered data via UART.

Ethernet -> Buffer -> UART ->

The ethernet stream is about 3Mbps and UART as fast as possible.

Is the described set up with this specifications feasible?

It is another µC. Maybe i should have noticed that the set up is working already with a ATMEL board with an on board ethernet connection. But i want to port it in a much smaller sized one like the teensy.
The ATMEL communicates with max. 4Mbaud UART. So i just want to replace the ATMEL with a teensy on the sender side and/or receiver side.

Teensy 3.5 -> UART -> ATMEL
or
Teensy 3.5 -> UART -> Teensy 3.5

User Serail1 or Serial2 as they have the hardware Queue. I am not sure if I tried 3mbs, but have done 2 and 2.5mbs I believe. You might also want to use hardware flow control to handle not handling the data fast enough at other end...

I will try it out and give feedback. Thanks guys

Regarding the ethernet stream i found this post https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/28975-wiz820io-max-speed?highlight=ethernet+speed where #13 says that packets can get lost.

If i sum it up correctly i can either receive packets with the WIZ820io or read the WIZ820io buffer via SPI with the teensy. But not both at the same time. So when i send a stream of data over ethernet i will lose packets during the SPI data transmission, rigth?
Please prove me wrong at that point :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back