Snooze hibernate/deepsleep/sleep not working on Teensy 3.5

Mal Marker

I have been trying to use hibernate on the Teensy 3.5 using Duff's Snooze examples. All the examples work very well Teensy 3.2 however fail on the Teensy3.5. Can anyone help with this problem?

I have installed the current version 6.25 of snooze and Arduino 1.8.0. Both the Teensy 3.2 and 3.5 should be able to use the alarm to wake as I understand form the documentation.This is the simplified code that works on the Teensy 3.2 but not the Teensy 3.5.

#include <Snooze.h>

SnoozeAlarm alarm;
SnoozeBlock config_teensy35(alarm);

void setup() {
pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT);
alarm.setAlarm(0, 0, 10);// hour, min, sec
}

void loop() {
int who;

who = Snooze.hibernate( config_teensy35 );// return module that woke processor

digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, HIGH);
delay(200);
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, LOW);
delay(200);
}

Attachments

• Simple.ino
    381 bytes · Views: 134
just to make it clear the Teensy 3.5 goes into hibernate but does not seem to wake.

Thanks Mal
You're not alone I'm having serious problems with my Teensy 3.5! It seems that USB connector needs to 'bent' down to power the board and communicate. I remember a thread about needing to push down on the actual cpu to get it work and this seems eerily similar to my problem. In fact my 3.6 does the same thing.

I can say it does not work with Snooze's timer or clock drivers:(. I pretty sure I only tried the pin wake-ups before and that worked but I've been trying since last night to get Snooze clock and timer + sleeping working with my 3.5 to no avail. I'll test the 3.6 also.

I found it! You need to edit your kinetis.h file and look for "#define HAS_KINETIS_LLWU_32CH" under the "#elif defined(__MK64FX512__)" mine was at line 548 and change it to "#define HAS_KINETIS_LLWU_16CH". I'll send pull to paul but this will get it working quicker.

Hi Duff, the change worked! Many thanks for your help, it was daunting looking through the ARM documentation to try figure it out. And thanks also for the snooze library it is a fantastic contribution to the Teensy world.

Regards

Mal

Back