Teensy 3.2 on the Raspberry Pi 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefhermit

A new installation of Arduino 1.6.12 & Teensyduino 1.34 on RPi 3 . . Cannot get the blink to load on the 3.2.

Loaded blink onto 3.2 with windows and works fine. Switched over to RPi 3 and the LED is blinking, however, when I upload the sketch from RPi 3 the blinking stops and does not continue.

I did follow the 1st time instructions for loaded a sketch!

The default serial port on RPi3 is /dev/tty/AMAO . . Correct?? The other serial port is /dev/ttySO ??

Any help would be appreciated

BTW - I did not install this: sudo cp 49-teensy.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/ . . . . . as described in the installation instructions for Linux?
If this is required is it necessary to run from a specific Dir? I did run from the root Dir but it could not find 49-teensy.rules.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

You must install the udev rules file. It's not a program, only a text file you copy into that folder. It is required for all Linux systems.

Go to the download page: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html on this page is a link to Linux udev rules.

On the RPI. right click on this link and choose save link as... and have it download. Alternatively you can simply click on the link and it will show the text of the file in your browser window. You can then do a copy and paste into a text editor file and save to the appropriate name: 49-teensy.rules
Then do the sudo cp ... command you mentioned in the first posting.

I know this question is not in the scope here, but . . . .

I'm trying to save the 49-teensey.rules to the required folder from the text editor but getting "Can't open file to write".
It saves elsewhere OK?!

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Ken

Don't know if you solved this by now but here's what to do. Save the file to any directory you can, easiest is to your home directory, at the save prompt type ~/49-teensy.rules
Then change to that directory: cd ~
Now type the command given in the download info: sudo cp 49-teensy.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/ That will look in the current directory 1st for the file and copy it.

The sudo allows you to move the file into the rules.d directory you don't normally have permission to write to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back