Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Update - Audio Vector Network Analyzer

Hybrid View

Update - Audio Vector Network Analyzer

I want to report that the Teensy 3.6 plus the Audio Adaptor board has worked out well for the Audio impedance measuring project. It is not done, but it is measuring impedances with good accuracy in the 10 to 10,000 Hz range. A summary of where this is at, including software source, is at
    http://www.proaxis.com/~boblark/Audi...ioVNA_RSL.html

I was able to work with just "stock" audio objects, which speaks well for the library. Thanks, Paul.

Cheers, Bob Larkin

A major update. First the previous link to the Audio Vector Network Analyzer is out-of-date. A new Web page with lots of details is at
    http://www.janbob.com/electron/AVNA1/AVNA1.htm
    This is a redo of the project reported above including information on hardware construction as well as .INO software.

QEX magazine, published by the Amateur Radio organization, ARRL, has a 12 page article in the May/June 2018 issue. Info on acquiring a copy of the magazine is on the referenced Web page.

This has worked out to be a high quality measurement device for both impedance (R-L-C components) and transmission (input/output devices) measurements from 10 to 40,000 Hz. It uses the Teensy 3.6, the Audio Adaptor and the 320x240 Touchscreen display. The software takes advantage of the great Teensy Audio Library as well as flexible data types such as complex arithmetic. The Teensy made it easy to have both touch screen control as well as full control from the host PC.

Here is a picture of the AVNA in a retro wooden box measuring capacitors.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AVNABoxMedium.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	13694
    I hope this is a useful tool for experimenters!

Bob Larkin

The Vector Network Analyzer covering 10 Hz to 40 KHz has been seeing improvements. Probably the most exciting is the 3-D printed case designed by Mike Runyan.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Runyan1b.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	15548

The project uses the Teensy 3.6, the Teensy Audio Adapter, and the PJRC 320x240 touch screen. The PCB is available from OSH Park and full building information is available at the web page http://www.janbob.com/electron/AVNA1/AVNA1.htm

Oh also, it accurately measures stuff! Details are on the web page.

Bob

Very cool. Would definitely be worthy of being posted in the 'Blog-Project-Submission' part of the forum.
    It would be nice if there was something like a Github page - especially with the different versions/updates. I found the way it's laid out in the webpage a bit messy to follow but at least all the latest stuff seems to be there
    Last edited by LachAus; 01-11-2019 at 08:07 AM.