Error: Upgrade Teensy Loader application

Status
Not open for further replies.

weigu

Hello,

I installed Arduino 1.8 on Linux64 Bit (Kubuntu 16.04) with Teensyduino 1.34. When I want to compile I get this error:

Please upgrade Teensy Loader application. Found version 1.30, but the minimum required is 1.33
Error compiling for board Teensy 2.0.

Same with 1.8.1 and Teensyduino 1.35b.

Older Versions of Arduino ans Teensyduino ran without problem. What are I'm overlooking?

Greetings and thanks for your help.

Guy

Perhaps you have multiple Teensy loader (and among them an outdated version) installed. I'd uninstall everything and then do a clean install of the newest versions.

Teensy Loader has a Help > About menu which shows the version.

Use File > Quit. Then when you click Verify or Upload in Arduino, the Teensyduino utils will open it again, using the updated copy Teensyduino installed into Arduino (which is in Arduino's hardware/tools folder, if you want to find it yourself). Once the new copy open, you can use Help > About to check the version number.

Lots of minor long-standing bugs were fixed in the 1.31 to 1.33 versions. If you used 1.30 or earlier, you probably saw times when errors about uploading or communication appeared in Arduino, but then a few seconds later your code would upload anyway. The new versions (hopefully) fix these problems. But quite a lot of software infrastructure changed, so you do need to have a recent Teensy Loader running. That happens automatically, but you first have to close the old one that's still running so it can open the new version.

I've edited the wording of this message. Starting with 1.35-beta2, it will say:

Found Teensy Loader version 1.30, but the minimum required is 1.33.
Please use File > Quit in Teensy Loader. The new version
will open automatically on your next Verify or Upload.

Hopefully that will help make things clearer.

Selection_039.png
I've installed teensy loader on ubuntu 16.04 and can't get that upper toolbar (as depicted).
Any idea of what it might be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back