Code43

Status
Not open for further replies.

melissma09

Hello, I know this has been a problem in the past, but I was writing code for my Teensy 3.6 that used the serial monitor a lot and I must have tried to download my code too many times in a row very quickly and suddenly Windows couldn't recognize the USB device. When I checked the Device Manager, I saw that the error was "Code 43."

I saw on this forum that you should completely shut down, take out the battery in your laptop and wait a few minutes. I've done that but it was unsuccessful. I also tried updating the USB devices in Device Manager, but it didn't work.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Hello, I know this has been a problem in the past, but I was writing code for my Teensy 3.6 that used the serial monitor a lot and I must have tried to download my code too many times in a row very quickly and suddenly Windows couldn't recognize the USB device. When I checked the Device Manager, I saw that the error was "Code 43."

I saw on this forum that you should completely shut down, take out the battery in your laptop and wait a few minutes. I've done that but it was unsuccessful. I also tried updating the USB devices in Device Manager, but it didn't work.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

pressing the program button exactly 15 sec. (between 13 and 17) , does this help?

also, dont use IDE 1.8 of arduino, there have been driver issues. You should be using 1.8.1 with latest teensyduino.

also, dont use IDE 1.8 of arduino, there have been driver issues. You should be using 1.8.1 with latest teensyduino.

I was using IDE 1.8, but I installed 1.8.1 and went to install teensyduino, 1.8.1 was not supported by it.

Attachments

• help.jpg
    help.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 67
The driver problems of 1.8.0 are not related to Teensy. Switching to Arduino 1.8.1 is unlikely to help, but it shouldn't hurt either.

Have you tried holding the button while you plug the cable in? This prevents any previously loaded bad code from being able to run, and then it goes directly into bootloader mode when you release the button. Make sure Teensy Loader is *not* in auto mode, so it doesn't immediately reprogram your Teensy with the same thing.

Have you tried holding the button while you plug the cable in? This prevents any previously loaded bad code from being able to run, and then it goes directly into bootloader mode when you release the button. Make sure Teensy Loader is *not* in auto mode, so it doesn't immediately reprogram your Teensy with the same thing.

I gave up and was writing other code with the teensy plugged in and suddenly it started working again! I might have done what you just suggested by mistake, I kept trying to reset the teensy by holding the button every once in awhile.

Thanks all for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back