ILI9341 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

edringel

Hi all,
I'm far from the best hacker in the world, but I usually can get the examples to work. Trying to use the ILI9341 TFT/Touchscreen combo with both the adafruit and optimized PJRC libraries with a Teensy 3.5, and I'm not being successful. I've checked my wiring multiple times, and it is correct. All I get is a white screen. This is with both the onoff button and touchpaint examples
Since the 3.5 has multiple SPI ports, do I need to change the initialization code?

On a slightly separate note, which SPI port runs the SD card, and which pin is used for chipselect?

Not posting code because I am using exactly what came in the examples.

Thanks.

Ed

A picture showing your wiring would help! Should work with default pin numbers. Which combo touchscreen?

SDCARD - several threads recently. In Arduino with your T3.5 as current board. Try Examples->SD->Files or any of the other examples. You will see at the start of the program:
Code:
/ change this to match your SD shield or module;
// Arduino Ethernet shield: pin 4
// Adafruit SD shields and modules: pin 10
// Sparkfun SD shield: pin 8
// Teensy audio board: pin 10
// Teensy 3.5 & 3.6 on-board: BUILTIN_SDCARD
// Wiz820+SD board: pin 4
// Teensy 2.0: pin 0
// Teensy++ 2.0: pin 20
const int chipSelect = 4;

Here it is--
breadboard low res.jpg

I could be wrong, but I believe your wiring is off. Look at the where VIN is connecting to the display. At least from this picture it looks like it is one pin too high and is going to the GND pin for the display and nothing is connected to vcc of the the GND pin from the T3.5 is going to the CS pin of the display. It may simply be you need to unplug your display from the breadboard and move it up one hole...

You are correct, it was the wiring, but not the error you suggested. Pin 13 is on the other side of the board, not adjacent to pin 12. Grrrr......
Thank you. Works just fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back