Display & audio board uses the same teensy pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hafting

I am trying to connect a teensy 3.5, and audio board, and a ILI9341 color display.
I hoped this would be straightforward, as https://www.pjrc.com/store/display_ili9341.html suggests a set of pins to use for the display when the audio adapter is in use too.

But I noticed that some pins, specifically 7 and 14 is used for both boards. The display wants 7 for SDI(MOSI) and 14 for SCK.
The audio adapter wants 7 for MOSI and 14 for SCLK.

Will this work - can these pins be shared like that? Or could there be problems? I wouldn't want audio hiccups when drawing to the display, for example.

Second, a lot of teensy pins not used for audio will still go through holes in the audio board. Perhaps a stupid question, but these holes are not connected to anything, so I am free to use these pins for other purposes? Without having to bend them in order to avoid the audio board?

Third, I do not plan on having an optional potentiometer for volume. Should I still connect pin15 to VOL?

Yes, will work - SPI data [mosi/miso] and clock pins are shared for all devices on the 'bus'. They need to move as spec'd for the Audio adapter - and each device needs a unique functional CS pin - there are lists of those that work - the ILI9341 is selective for optimal operation on the CS pin chosen - has to be among the primary set of CS options. And any non functionally indicated audio pin should be safe to 'pin through'. Anything you are not using should be able to be left inert or unused - except those core functional connections to set up the audio system: i2c and the pin 13 for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back