Teensy Wifi and Sockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardFerraro

Hi,

In order to get up on wifi client/server, I have employed the Adafruit feather M0 wifi. I have learned a great deal about sockets and their ease of use using their libraries.

My software, however, is bound to the teensy and I want to use wifi with the teensy (not simply sending AT commands across a serial interface).

Has anyone used wifi sockets on the teensy and if so, which libraries?

thanks,

Richard

Hello,
reviving this thread (with no answers as of today) because I am in the same boat.
I'd like to use a Teensy (let's say 3.2) to talk wirelessy to a PC via TCP sockets.
Which is the best-supported WiFi peripheral to add WiFi to the Teensy 3.x? Is there any library available to implement TCP sockets this way?

Thanks a lot

Fernando

Honestly, I tried reading your posts about this "Teensquitto", but I did not understand a single word.
No idea what Mosquitto, spiffs and stuff like that actually means.
I am only looking for a reliable, Teensy-friendly WiFi module and a TCP library of sort, in order to open a TCP socket and read/write through it...

Thanks anyway

XFer - tonton81 is making a very complete port of the ESP capabilities available to the Teensy. SPIFFS is the ESP file system - ignore that and other things that won't be used.

Look into Mosquitto a bit - it is a message passing protocol on top of TCP/IP : http://www.switchdoc.com/2016/02/tutorial-installing-and-testing-mosquitto-mqtt-on-raspberry-pi/

With that supported tonton81 says in post #3 that what you ask for is 'planned'. Given the WiFi of ESP he started with the MQTT protocol - but extending that to TCP socket read/write is a logical extension.

Of course I just distracted him from teensquitto to get super fast and reliable SPI Transfer Master <> Slave of two Teensy's at 30 MHz so I can offload data processing from Master to the Slave. He Over Engineered that beyond what I need - but what I need works perfectly!

Aahh, ok, thanks defragster. So it's a higher-level protocol, looks like a broadcast of sort. Much more than I need now, but very interesting: many thanks tonton81 for committing to a Teensy port!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back