Beginners questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevEnil2

Hello All

So I introduce me shortly because its my first Post and in my Opinion this has to do with good maners. ;) Firstly i'm Swiss so i'm sorry if my spelling is not 100% correctly. I'm around thirty have two kids, I'm a software developer (unfortunately not c++ i'm used to Delphi and Java) and i have absolutely no experience with electricity and micro controllers. So i thought i change that a bit. So my project stared in march 2016 and its a table with a infitiy led Mirror on the top. some Leds in the feeds some leds in the side windows. In the side windows as well there are some aquarium tanks and a air pump to make some bubble in them. before the air pump is a relais which i can control from a teensy 3.2 (including the octows2811 shield).

a litle picture of the table https://goo.gl/photos/7z7XdSNgvZrxuv2SA

So far i have tested all components and they are working more or less..and i startet to setup the sloeber IDE (i'm not the notepad guy ;)), added the teensy stuff and i could compile and upload some examples to the Teensy. so that part is working.

but now if i try to compile the OctoWS2811Demo from the FastLED libary i get following error:
../OctoWS2811Demo2.ino:14:52: error: could not convert template argument 'OCTOWS2811' to 'EBlockChipsets'

Code:
#define USE_OCTOWS2811
#include<OctoWS2811.h>
#include<FastLED.h>

#define NUM_LEDS_PER_STRIP 164
#define NUM_STRIPS 8

CRGB leds[NUM_STRIPS * NUM_LEDS_PER_STRIP];

// Pin layouts on the teensy 3:
// OctoWS2811: 2,14,7,8,6,20,21,5

void setup() {
  LEDS.addLeds<OCTOWS2811>(leds, NUM_LEDS_PER_STRIP);
  LEDS.setBrightness(32);
}

void loop() {
  static uint8_t hue = 0;
  for(int i = 0; i < NUM_STRIPS; i++) {
    for(int j = 0; j < NUM_LEDS_PER_STRIP; j++) {
      leds[(i*NUM_LEDS_PER_STRIP) + j] = CHSV((32*i) + hue+j,192,255);
    }
  }

// Set the first n leds on each strip to show which strip it is
  for(int i = 0; i < NUM_STRIPS; i++) {
    for(int j = 0; j <= i; j++) {
      leds[(i*NUM_LEDS_PER_STRIP) + j] = CRGB::Red;
    }
  }

hue++;

LEDS.show();
  LEDS.delay(10);
}

I'm actually totally lost now and i don't have any idea what to do i don't even know where it has the type EBlockChipsets from.

Second Question: Somehow i was able to use boolean as a datatype in the rainbow example of the octows... but it won't recognize it in my own project there i have to use bool as type declaration. Why? I couldn't google it out.

thanks for the help. I can imagine that i will have more questions in the future. Is it okay to reuse this topic or should i open always a new one with every question?

Friendly Regards

sevEnil

I'm not an expert, but I took a look at the FastLED library and I don't think your addLeds statement is properly formed for the type of LEDs you're using.

EBlockChipsets is an enum in one of FastLED's header files, so that might give you another clue.

The same code compiled in the arduino environment works. At least it compiles... I'm usong ws2812 leds which should use the same protocol as the ws2811 leds.

But thanks the hint that it is a enum (which makes kind of sense) is probably helbfull. Maybe a version issue here? Ill check the code.

so far i understand is the issue that my arguments does not match the arguments of the method. but i don't get why it seems to see it like this. i have the CRGB and a int and even if i pass the second int (which is defaulted to 0) it seems to have the issue there....

Hi @All

I' have still no solution :( i got really blocked on this... I was a bit in the fastLED community and there seems to be some people using Teensy 3.2+OCTOWS2811 successfully. Is it really just because i'm using sloeber? If yes what are you using to write larger Projects with multiple files?

so i uploaded you my installation you should be able to unzip it on a E:\drive and then start sloeber in e:\ide\sloeber2 it should work right out of the box. (can be done with subst under windows)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzBh3K6Nj-F1Q2FJTjNHYjZNZWM

Thanks and Regards

sevEnil

I tried compiling it for T3.2 and it compiled using Arduino IDE.

However I am currently using the fastled that is directly from github and not the one as part of Teensyduino.
https://github.com/FastLED/FastLED/

Paul's version: https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/FastLED is 843 commits behind the FastLED project.

Also I don't believe either version is setup to work with T3.5 or T3.6...

I would guess that someone else may have a version that has fixed this?

I have no clue what sloeber is. So if it were me I would try compiling using the lastest Arduino IDE with Teensyduino installed and maybe with downloading the version of up FastLed up to your <arduino sketch folder>/libraries/FastLED and see if it builds. If it does, but does not with your other setup, than you know it is an issue with your other setup...

Hi Thanks for your effort. But i stated allready beforehand that it compiles in the Arduino IDE ;)
So the main reason i wanted to use sloeber(you can have a look here http://eclipse.baeyens.it/ there is a good video which explains the features) was the support for code completion and multiple file support.
But as i said i'm pretty new to C++ so do you all work with this Arduino IDE?
or the real old school way with a TextEditor and a compiler Brain (unfortuanatly i don't have this kind of brain ;))?
how do you handle it if you have a bigger project which you would like to split in multiple classes/files for maintainability?
I' wannted to write my own framework for mi project to later build up some animations on it...

For the most part I split my time between using the Arduino IDE and using sublimetext (Used to use programmers notepad). On Arduino Edison, I was using their setup of Eclipse as well. I have a setup that allows me to compile some of the time under sublimetext.. I can also setup to use a plug in for visual studio... But have not done that in awhile.

Many different usage flows you can use, depending on your needs.

a) Do everything using the Arduino ide. Want multiple files. You can create sketches with multiple tabs, which can either be .ino file or .h or .cpp type files. All of the .ino files will compile as one big file... I do some of this with my sketches when I don't wish to go through hassle of creating separate libraries. But by having the .cpp/.h files in the project, when I am done can pull some of them out as libraries.

b) Use Arduino IDE to edit your sketch and your favorite editor to edit your libraries. But again still use Arduino IDE to do the builds.

c) Turn on use External Editor in the Arduino IDE - Use your favorite editor to edit your files. The Arduino IDE will disable editing in the window and will update the files whenever it sees the files have changed...

All of the above, are setup to use the same compiler and same build process and so if it works for others using just a), should work in all the other cases.

But if you setup to use a different Build setup (example stino for sublimetext) or maybe the Eclipse, than they may also break down into a couple of camps.

x) Stino like: You still point it at the Arduino setup and it uses the same compiler however it may still not work 100% the same way as maybe their code uses a different way to locate libraries and may for example use the library in Arduino folder instead of one in your Sketch folder... Or maybe does not pick up all of the #define like options to the compiler and so you don't get the same things defined and maybe not the same things included...

y) ? Has their own cross compiler - I don't remember if this eclipse was that way or not, but again if different compiler with different options and ... It might take a bit of work to get to work correctly...

Often in x) and y) type setups, you may be on your own, unless you find someone else doing the same. For example it took me awhile to get stino to reasonably work on sublimetext, there may still be a few issues about it not picking up dependencies properly, but works well enough for me to at least try verify compiles as i am working on stuff...

If your setup is not working for you, what I typically try, is to build under Arduino and turn on Verbose compile and upload options in preferences. I would then capture the commands that were used. I would then try to build in your environment and see what commands are used. Also would check to see if both builds are using the same libraries...

But as you have a setup (Arduino) that works, at least you are not stuck.

Good Luck

For me it was a kind of getting stuck because a lot of other examples compile allready (except for that one) other don't even compile in the Arduino IDE...
I have to say i'm used to eclipse so i'm used to a lot of they're features. On the shadow side to write code in a IDE like Arduino or in Text Editor feels to be a huge step backwards... like cutting trees with a stone axe instead of a motor saw... ;)

how do you check the versions of Libaries? I'm pretty sure it takes in sloeber the one from teensyduino because it seems to be located inside the hardware folder...
For A) i already failed here: "create sketches with multiple tabs" but i will try to figure out how to do multiple tabs ;)

but thanks that post gave me at least some more ideas what to look for... main conclusion is don't trust they do all the same.c++ seems pretty fragile for me..

Good luck: Again I have not used slober so I can not fully comment on how it works. But when I was using Eclipse of Edison, setting up your own workspaces were always fun to get working. You needed to setup all of the settings to get the right include paths and the like. Maybe this setup is better...

Also when debugging this it would help to see more of the debug messages that were displayed (if any) - Hopefully it shows warnings and the like. Also hopefully you can see the fully generated command line. For example does it define: __MK20DX256__ if you are building for a Teensy 3.2? If not then FastLED.h will probably not include the appropriate header: #include "platforms/arm/k20/led_sysdefs_arm_k20.h"
And then it will give you some weird messages, like no hardware SPI pins found...

As for version of the FastLED, the Arduino ide does an output: On mine looks like:
Code:
C:\Users\Kurt\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:17:21: note: #pragma message: FastLED version 3.001.005

#    pragma message "FastLED version 3.001.005"

So my Console shows following Stuff I think that should be all or should i expect more?:
So as i said it takes the FastLed libary from the teensy hardware path... could this be the Problem also do we not have the same version. yours seems to be newer.
Code:
20:07:16 **** Incremental Build of configuration Release for project table ****
"E:\\ide\\sloeber2\\sloeber\\arduinoPlugin\\tools\\make\\make" all 
'Building file: ../Table.cpp'
'Starting C++ compile'
"E:/ide/teensy/arduino/arduino-1.6.8/hardware/teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -c -O -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -MMD -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=128 -DARDUINO=10609 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_GERMAN_SWISS  -I"E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" -I"E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\OctoWS2811" -I"E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED" -MMD -MP -MF"Table.cpp.d" -MT"Table.cpp.o" -D__IN_ECLIPSE__=1 -x c++ "../Table.cpp" -o "Table.cpp.o"  -Wall
In file included from ../Table.cpp:10:0:
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:12:2: warning: #warning FastLED version 3001000 (Not really a warning, just telling you here.) [-Wcpp]
 #warning FastLED version 3001000  (Not really a warning, just telling you here.)
  ^
../Table.cpp: In function 'void setup()':
../Table.cpp:40:52: error: no matching function for call to 'CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB [1312], int)'
                                                    ^
../Table.cpp:40:52: note: candidates are:
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:172:129: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN, unsigned char CLOCK_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER, unsigned char SPI_DATA_RATE> CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
  template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET,  uint8_t DATA_PIN, uint8_t CLOCK_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER, uint8_t SPI_DATA_RATE > CLEDController &addLeds(struct CRGB *data, int nLedsOrOffset, int nLedsIfOffset = 0) {
                                                                                                                                 ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:172:129: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
../Table.cpp:40:52: error: could not convert template argument 'OCTOWS2811' to 'ESPIChipsets'
                                                    ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:184:95: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN, unsigned char CLOCK_PIN> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
  template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET,  uint8_t DATA_PIN, uint8_t CLOCK_PIN > static CLEDController &addLeds(struct CRGB *data, int nLedsOrOffset, int nLedsIfOffset = 0) {
                                                                                               ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:184:95: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
../Table.cpp:40:52: error: could not convert template argument 'OCTOWS2811' to 'ESPIChipsets'
                                                    ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:196:113: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN, unsigned char CLOCK_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
  template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET,  uint8_t DATA_PIN, uint8_t CLOCK_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER > static CLEDController &addLeds(struct CRGB *data, int nLedsOrOffset, int nLedsIfOffset = 0) {
                                                                                                                 ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:196:113: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
                                                    ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:209:56: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
  template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET> static CLEDController &addLeds(struct CRGB *data, int nLedsOrOffset, int nLedsIfOffset = 0) {
                                                        ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:209:56: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
                                                    ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:213:74: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
  template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController &addLeds(struct CRGB *data, int nLedsOrOffset, int nLedsIfOffset = 0) {
                                                                          ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:213:74: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
                                                    ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:217:97: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, EOrder RGB_ORDER, unsigned char SPI_DATA_RATE> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
  template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, EOrder RGB_ORDER, uint8_t SPI_DATA_RATE> static CLEDController &addLeds(struct CRGB *data, int nLedsOrOffset, int nLedsIfOffset = 0) {
                                                                                                 ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:217:97: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
                                                    ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:244:25: note: template<template<unsigned char DATA_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
  static CLEDController &addLeds(struct CRGB *data, int nLedsOrOffset, int nLedsIfOffset = 0) {
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:244:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:250:25: note: template<template<unsigned char DATA_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
  static CLEDController &addLeds(struct CRGB *data, int nLedsOrOffset, int nLedsIfOffset = 0) {
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:250:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:256:25: note: template<template<unsigned char DATA_PIN> class CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:256:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:292:25: note: template<template<EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:292:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:298:25: note: template<template<EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:298:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:354:25: note: template<EBlockChipsets CHIPSET, int NUM_LANES, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:354:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
../Table.cpp:40:52: error: could not convert template argument 'OCTOWS2811' to 'EBlockChipsets'
                                                    ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:380:25: note: template<EBlockChipsets CHIPSET, int NUM_LANES> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:380:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
../Table.cpp:40:52: error: could not convert template argument 'OCTOWS2811' to 'EBlockChipsets'
                                                    ^
../Table.cpp:41:25: error: no matching function for call to 'CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB [1312], int)'
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
../Table.cpp:41:25: note: candidates are:
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:150:25: note: static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CLEDController*, CRGB*, int, int)
  static CLEDController &addLeds(CLEDController *pLed, struct CRGB *data, int nLedsOrOffset, int nLedsIfOffset = 0);
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:150:25: note:   candidate expects 4 arguments, 2 provided
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:172:129: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN, unsigned char CLOCK_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER, unsigned char SPI_DATA_RATE> CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
  template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET,  uint8_t DATA_PIN, uint8_t CLOCK_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER, uint8_t SPI_DATA_RATE > CLEDController &addLeds(struct CRGB *data, int nLedsOrOffset, int nLedsIfOffset = 0) {
                                                                                                                                 ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:172:129: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
../Table.cpp:41:25: note:   couldn't deduce template parameter 'CHIPSET'
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:184:95: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN, unsigned char CLOCK_PIN> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
  template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET,  uint8_t DATA_PIN, uint8_t CLOCK_PIN > static CLEDController &addLeds(struct CRGB *data, int nLedsOrOffset, int nLedsIfOffset = 0) {
                                                                                               ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:184:95: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:196:113: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN, unsigned char CLOCK_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
  template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET,  uint8_t DATA_PIN, uint8_t CLOCK_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER > static CLEDController &addLeds(struct CRGB *data, int nLedsOrOffset, int nLedsIfOffset = 0) {
                                                                                                                 ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:196:113: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:209:56: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
  template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET> static CLEDController &addLeds(struct CRGB *data, int nLedsOrOffset, int nLedsIfOffset = 0) {
                                                        ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:209:56: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:213:74: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
  template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController &addLeds(struct CRGB *data, int nLedsOrOffset, int nLedsIfOffset = 0) {
                                                                          ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:213:74: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:217:97: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, EOrder RGB_ORDER, unsigned char SPI_DATA_RATE> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
  template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, EOrder RGB_ORDER, uint8_t SPI_DATA_RATE> static CLEDController &addLeds(struct CRGB *data, int nLedsOrOffset, int nLedsIfOffset = 0) {
                                                                                                 ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:217:97: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:244:25: note: template<template<unsigned char DATA_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:244:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
../Table.cpp:41:25: note:   couldn't deduce template parameter 'template<unsigned char DATA_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET'
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:250:25: note: template<template<unsigned char DATA_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:250:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
../Table.cpp:41:25: note:   couldn't deduce template parameter 'template<unsigned char DATA_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET'
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:256:25: note: template<template<unsigned char DATA_PIN> class CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:256:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
../Table.cpp:41:25: note:   couldn't deduce template parameter 'template<unsigned char DATA_PIN> class CHIPSET'
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:292:25: note: template<template<EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:292:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
../Table.cpp:41:25: note:   couldn't deduce template parameter 'template<EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET'
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:298:25: note: template<template<EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:298:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
../Table.cpp:41:25: note:   couldn't deduce template parameter 'template<EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET'
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:354:25: note: template<EBlockChipsets CHIPSET, int NUM_LANES, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:354:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:380:25: note: template<EBlockChipsets CHIPSET, int NUM_LANES> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:380:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
make: *** [Table.cpp.o] Error 1
subdir.mk:54: recipe for target 'Table.cpp.o' failed

20:07:17 Build Finished (took 827ms)

So the fun started ;)

i Updatet to FastLed version 3.001.003 library.(i guess u have some branch localy if you are allready on 005... because 003 seems to be the latest release)

Now it stopped compiling in the Arduino IDE with following console output:
Code:
In file included from E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED\examples\Multiple\OctoWS2811Demo\OctoWS2811Demo.ino:3:0:

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:17:21: note: #pragma message: FastLED version 3.001.003

#    pragma message "FastLED version 3.001.003"

^

In file included from E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED\examples\Multiple\OctoWS2811Demo\OctoWS2811Demo.ino:3:0:

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h: In static member function 'static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)':

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:359:12: error: 'OCTOWS2813' was not declared in this scope

case OCTOWS2813: { static COctoWS2811Controller<RGB_ORDER,WS2813_800kHz> controller; return addLeds(&controller, data, nLedsOrOffset, nLedsIfOffset); }

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:359:65: error: 'WS2813_800kHz' was not declared in this scope

case OCTOWS2813: { static COctoWS2811Controller<RGB_ORDER,WS2813_800kHz> controller; return addLeds(&controller, data, nLedsOrOffset, nLedsIfOffset); }

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:359:78: error: template argument 2 is invalid

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:359:90: error: invalid type in declaration before ';' token

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:359:154: error: no matching function for call to 'CFastLED::addLeds(int*, CRGB*&, int&, int&)'

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:359:154: note: candidates are:

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:196:25: note: static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CLEDController*, CRGB*, int, int)

static CLEDController &addLeds(CLEDController *pLed, struct CRGB *data, int nLedsOrOffset, int nLedsIfOffset = 0);

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:196:25: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from 'int*' to 'CLEDController*'

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:218:129: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN, unsigned char CLOCK_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER, unsigned char SPI_DATA_RATE> CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:218:129: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:359:154: note:   cannot convert '& controller' (type 'int*') to type 'CRGB*'

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:231:95: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN, unsigned char CLOCK_PIN> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:231:95: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:359:154: note:   cannot convert '& controller' (type 'int*') to type 'CRGB*'

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:244:113: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN, unsigned char CLOCK_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:244:113: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:258:56: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:258:56: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:262:74: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:262:74: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:266:97: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, EOrder RGB_ORDER, unsigned char SPI_DATA_RATE> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:266:97: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:293:25: note: template<template<unsigned char DATA_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:293:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:299:25: note: template<template<unsigned char DATA_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:299:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:305:25: note: template<template<unsigned char DATA_PIN> class CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:305:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:341:25: note: template<template<EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:341:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:347:25: note: template<template<EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:347:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:354:25: note: template<OWS2811 CHIPSET, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)

static CLEDController &addLeds(struct CRGB *data, int nLedsOrOffset, int nLedsIfOffset = 0)

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:354:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:364:25: note: template<OWS2811 CHIPSET> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)

static CLEDController &addLeds(struct CRGB *data, int nLedsOrOffset, int nLedsIfOffset = 0)

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:364:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:404:25: note: template<EBlockChipsets CHIPSET, int NUM_LANES, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:404:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:445:25: note: template<EBlockChipsets CHIPSET, int NUM_LANES> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)

^

C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:445:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:

^

Multiple libraries were found for "FastLED.h"
 Used: C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED
 Not used: E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED
Error compiling for board Teensy 3.2 / 3.1.

while the sloeber IDE still tells me the same error :
Code:
21:18:01 **** Incremental Build of configuration Release for project table ****
"E:\\ide\\sloeber2\\sloeber\\arduinoPlugin\\tools\\make\\make" all 
'Building file: ../.ino.cpp'
'Starting C++ compile'
"E:/ide/teensy/arduino/arduino-1.6.8/hardware/teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -c -O -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -MMD -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=128 -DARDUINO=10609 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_GERMAN_SWISS  -I"E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" -I"E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\OctoWS2811" -I"C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED" -MMD -MP -MF".ino.cpp.d" -MT".ino.cpp.o" -D__IN_ECLIPSE__=1 -x c++ "../.ino.cpp" -o ".ino.cpp.o"  -Wall
'Finished building: ../.ino.cpp'
' '
'Building file: ../Table.cpp'
'Starting C++ compile'
"E:/ide/teensy/arduino/arduino-1.6.8/hardware/teensy/../tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++" -c -O -g -Wall -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -nostdlib -MMD -fno-exceptions -felide-constructors -std=gnu++0x -fno-rtti -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -fsingle-precision-constant -D__MK20DX256__ -DTEENSYDUINO=128 -DARDUINO=10609 -DF_CPU=96000000 -DUSB_SERIAL -DLAYOUT_GERMAN_SWISS  -I"E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" -I"E:\ide\teensy\arduino\arduino-1.6.8\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\OctoWS2811" -I"C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED" -MMD -MP -MF"Table.cpp.d" -MT"Table.cpp.o" -D__IN_ECLIPSE__=1 -x c++ "../Table.cpp" -o "Table.cpp.o"  -Wall
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:17:21: note: #pragma message: FastLED version 3.001.003
 #    pragma message "FastLED version 3.001.003"
                     ^
../Table.cpp: In function 'void setup()':
../Table.cpp:40:52: error: no matching function for call to 'CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB [1312], int)'
                                                    ^
../Table.cpp:40:52: note: candidates are:
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:218:129: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN, unsigned char CLOCK_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER, unsigned char SPI_DATA_RATE> CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                                                                                                                                 ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:218:129: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
                                                    ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:231:95: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN, unsigned char CLOCK_PIN> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                                                                                               ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:231:95: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
                                                    ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:244:113: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN, unsigned char CLOCK_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                                                                                                                 ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:244:113: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
                                                    ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:258:56: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                                                        ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:258:56: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
                                                    ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:262:74: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                                                                          ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:262:74: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
                                                    ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:266:97: note: template<ESPIChipsets CHIPSET, EOrder RGB_ORDER, unsigned char SPI_DATA_RATE> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                                                                                                 ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:266:97: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
                                                    ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:293:25: note: template<template<unsigned char DATA_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:293:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:299:25: note: template<template<unsigned char DATA_PIN, EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:299:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:305:25: note: template<template<unsigned char DATA_PIN> class CHIPSET, unsigned char DATA_PIN> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:305:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:341:25: note: template<template<EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:341:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:347:25: note: template<template<EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:347:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:404:25: note: template<EBlockChipsets CHIPSET, int NUM_LANES, EOrder RGB_ORDER> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:404:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
                                                    ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:445:25: note: template<EBlockChipsets CHIPSET, int NUM_LANES> static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:445:25: note:   template argument deduction/substitution failed:
                                                    ^
../Table.cpp:41:25: error: no matching function for call to 'CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB [1312], int)'
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
../Table.cpp:41:25: note: candidates are:
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:196:25: note: static CLEDController& CFastLED::addLeds(CLEDController*, CRGB*, int, int)
                         ^
C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED/FastLED.h:196:25: note:   candidate expects 4 arguments, 2 provided
                                                                                                                                 ^
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
                                                                                               ^
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
                                                                                                                 ^
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
                                                        ^
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
                                                                          ^
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
                                                                                                 ^
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
                         ^
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
                         ^
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
                         ^
../Table.cpp:41:25: note:   couldn't deduce template parameter 'template<unsigned char DATA_PIN> class CHIPSET'
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
                         ^
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
                         ^
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
                         ^
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
                         ^
   LEDS.addLeds(leds, 164);
                         ^
subdir.mk:54: recipe for target 'Table.cpp.o' failed
make: *** [Table.cpp.o] Error 1

21:18:02 Build Finished (took 1s.143ms)

Now c++ starts to hurt me :( firstly why does the arduino ide prompt me to update libaries if afterwards the build is broken. Seccondly why doesn't it matter for the sloeber IDE at all... probably because the error from sloeber is still earlier... but still

Again there appears to be a difference in how the two IDEs choose which library to use. The Arduino IDE changed which library it chooses in something like 1.6.9?

In particular: if you have library FastLED (windows land) which is installed by Teensyduino in:
(your Arduino setup)\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\FastLED

And you install either by zip file, Arduino library manager... it gets installed in your
(Sketch Folder)\libraries\FastLED

Now with the newer Arduino IDE's - the ide will choose the version in your sketch folder, which may or may not be compatible with Teensy...
BUT: looks like you may be using the older version of the IDE so it may be looking at the (Arduino setup first)...

Looks like the Sloeber is looking in the sketch folder...

My normal suggestion is to update to the current version of Arduino 1.8.1 and install the latest Teensyduino and see if you get better results.

so i wen't back to the version 000 and started from scratch... sloeber tells me that this are the issues:
Description------------------------------------------------------------------------- Resource Path Location Type
make: *** [Table.cpp.o] Error 1 -----------------------------------------------table ---------------------------C/C++ Problem
could not convert template argument 'OCTOWS2811' to 'EBlockChipsets'-------Table.cpp /table line 40 C/C++ Problem
could not convert template argument 'OCTOWS2811' to 'ESPIChipsets' -------Table.cpp /table line 40 C/C++ Problem
Invalid arguments '
Candidates are:
CLEDController & addLeds(CLEDController *, CRGB *, int, int)
CLEDController & addLeds(CRGB *, int, int)
' Table.cpp /table line 40 Semantic Error
no matching function for call to 'CFastLED::addLeds(CRGB [1312], int)'-------------- Table.cpp /table line 40 C/C++ Problem
Symbol 'addLeds' could not be resolved -----------------------------------------------Table.cpp /table line 40 Semantic Error
recipe for target 'Table.cpp.o' failed subdir.mk /table/Release line 54 C/C++ Problem

Actually i still think the main issue is that it tries to resolve a method which actually exists but it doesent see it.

so i checked the FastLED.h file
Code:
	/// @name Adding 3rd party library controllers
	//@{
	/// Add a 3rd party library based CLEDController instance to the world.
	/// There are two ways to call this method (as well as the other addLeds)
	/// variations.  The first is with 2 arguments, in which case the arguments are  a pointer to
	/// led data, and the number of leds used by this controller.  The seocond is with 3 arguments, in which case
	/// the first  argument is the same, the second argument is an offset into the CRGB data where this controller's
	/// CRGB data begins, and the third argument is the number of leds for this controller object. This class includes the SmartMatrix
	/// and OctoWS2811 based controllers
	///
	/// This method also takes a 1 to 2 template parameters for identifying the specific chipset and rgb ordering
	/// RGB ordering, and SPI data rate
	/// @param data - base point to an array of CRGB data structures
	/// @param nLedsOrOffset - number of leds (3 argument version) or offset into the data array
	/// @param nLedsIfOffset - number of leds (4 argument version)
	/// @tparam CHIPSET - the chipset type (required)
	/// @tparam RGB_ORDER - the rgb ordering for the leds (e.g. what order red, green, and blue data is written out in)
	/// @returns a reference to the added controller
	template<template<EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET, EOrder RGB_ORDER>
		static CHIPSET<RGB_ORDER> c;
		return addLeds(&c, data, nLedsOrOffset, nLedsIfOffset);
	}

template<template<EOrder RGB_ORDER> class CHIPSET>
		static CHIPSET<RGB> c;
		return addLeds(&c, data, nLedsOrOffset, nLedsIfOffset);
	}

#ifdef USE_OCTOWS2811
	template<OWS2811 CHIPSET, EOrder RGB_ORDER>
	{
		switch(CHIPSET) {
			case OCTOWS2811: { static COctoWS2811Controller<RGB_ORDER> controller; return addLeds(&controller, data, nLedsOrOffset, nLedsIfOffset); }
			case OCTOWS2811_400: { static COctoWS2811Controller<RGB_ORDER,true> controller; return addLeds(&controller, data, nLedsOrOffset, nLedsIfOffset); }
		}
	}

template<OWS2811 CHIPSET>
	{
		return addLeds<CHIPSET,GRB>(data,nLedsOrOffset,nLedsIfOffset);
	}

#endif

what does #ifdef USE_OCTOWS2811 mean? beacuse there is another method signature here... my guess is that sloeber somewhow don't know that it should use the octows definition of the header file...

EDI: sorry i didn't see your reply

Okay i can do that but i don't think it will change a lot..

Im using 1.6.8... (so how fast this thing gets released? ;))

if you where checking the logs both where using the "new" libary (C:\Users\sleipnir\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FastLED)
and both used the new version in my userhome... has in my point of view nothing to do with the sketch... seems more to be a libary stacking...

The funny part was just that the Arduino IDE stopped compiling with the new Libary out of the userhome...

while sloeber still had the same issue... Actually i would like to stick to the current version for the moment. because as i posted a bit before this i think i found the issue but don't know what to do ;)

Just in case this wasn't done/known ... you can get the IDE 1.8.1 ZIP file (on windows) and unzip to a fresh directory and install TeensyDuino there. It will not affect your other install - but will use the common SKETCHBOOK\Libraries folder. This would allow testing the new without breaking your old.

Hi defragster
Thanks for your response i will try that it has not be done until now because i'm expecting a issue with sloeber and not with the code/libaries itself. For the moment (until prove the otherway) my hypothisis is that USE_OCTOWS2811 is not set while compiling and becauso of that it won't find the matching method signature...any ideas how i can prof this hipothesis to be wright or wrong?

hi i figured out the issue and i think i had not the #define USE_OCTOWS2811 line in my project. The code above i used to check from time to time because it compiled directly in Arduino... so i was expecting it to do same in sloeber (and it does it). But the confusing part was in sloeber problems view does not refresh after every build automatically as i'm used in java.

So it was compiling when using the code from arduino example but the problemsview still showed the same problems so i thought it still fails.

On the sun side i looked at stuff i wouldn't if i didn't have this issue. so thanks to you all and until the next issue in a couple hours ;)

and i did something else wrong... because i'm a java developer i didn't care about the order of the includes.... ;) so i ended up including octows2811 libary after fastled which causes some trubles.

the fastled guys have a google+ community (which is a big mistake in my opinion... a old fashion forum would be much easier for beginners.) but i don't know what they are using at the moment i didn't pass that state...

as i said the official website gives you at the moment version 3.001.003 but KurtE is using somehow 3.001.005 if this a good branch to take or not i don't know.

There are two ways (maybe more) to get the stuff.

If you go into Arduino Manage Libraries, I believe the version that gets installed is the ...003 version. If you do, like I did and clone (or in my case fork and then clone), then I think the most recent sources are 005.

I have never gone through the process of setting up libraries that can be installed through library manager, so don't know how the versions are released and the like, but my guess is the 003 was an official release...

Which is better? Not sure I don't really use the library. Hopefully someone else will have better feedback for it.

Welcome everyone! I want to build a Mega Tree. 1500 Pixel. I have a Teensy 3.2 How to build a controller using Teensy and the OctoWS module to be able to run software via e1.31 protocol. For example, xLights, Vixen. Via Wi-Fi or LAN. Has anyone ever built one? Hi, Atesz

Welcome everyone! I want to build a Mega Tree. 1500 Pixel. I have a Teensy 3.2 How to build a controller using Teensy and the OctoWS module to be able to run software via e1.31 protocol. For example, xLights, Vixen. Via Wi-Fi or LAN. Has anyone ever built one? Hi, Atesz
I would suggest starting a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back