MacOs Sierra not recognizing Teensy 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukicharms

I recently purchased a new MacBook Pro 15" w/Touchbar running Sierra 10.12.2, Arduino 1.6.13, Teensyduino 1.35. I am using an Apple USB C to A adapter and plugging my Teensy 3.6 to it. Once plugged Arduino does not recognize it on any ports and the same is true for my teensy 3.2. Is there a driver that I am missing?

I am running my Teensy 3.6 under OS X 10.12.2 and it is listed as "/dev/cu.usbmodem2430871". I am also using the USB C adapter as well.

What do you see if you "ls -la /dev/cu*"?

This is my output:
crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 20, 1 Jan 13 11:00 /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port
crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 20, 0x00000281 Jan 27 14:25 /dev/cu.usbmodem2430871

Could you perhaps check with a different USB device, for example a mouse or keyboard, if that works with that USB C to A adapter? Normally, there is no reason that the Teensy would not be recognized. Special drivers should not be needed.

I'm on Sierra (Arduino 1.8.1, Teensyduino 1.35)
3-year old MacBoo, with USB A sockets.
It all works fine. I see "/dev/cu/usbmodem/943311 (Teensy)" as a second option (after my Bluetooth option)

I recently purchased a new MacBook Pro 15" w/Touchbar running Sierra 10.12.2, Arduino 1.6.13, Teensyduino 1.35. I am using an Apple USB C to A adapter and plugging my Teensy 3.6 to it. Once plugged Arduino does not recognize it on any ports and the same is true for my teensy 3.2. Is there a driver that I am missing?
Is this a brand new Teensy? Never been programmed?

If so did you follow the instructions given: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_usage.html

In particular plug in the Teensy. Then load a simple program like blink (examples->01.basics->blink)
Then click the verify command button in the Arduino IDE. (Make sure the appropriate Teensy is selected as the device and USB->Serial selected)
After the compiles completes and the Teensy Loader program loads.
push the program button on the Teensy. Did it show it download program? And hopefully a new serial port object created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back