Accelstepper and Teensy 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

spencoid

I have a fairly complicated sketch that runs fine on teensy 3.1 and 3.2. It uses accelstepper. On the teensy 3.6, calls to accelstepper such as stepper.moveTo (stroke); do not work as they did with the 3.2 I can do some testing with simple examples to try to narrow down the problem. My guess is that the steps are being provided much too fast for the stepper to respond. I can try different acceleration and speed limits but i am hoping to be able to have a sketch that works with the 3.2 3.5 and 3.5 without having to use different parameters.

Is anyone aware of problems using accelstepper with the teensy 3.5 and 3.6? Do i need to update the version? I recently installed the latest teensyduino but the accelstepper version seems to be pretty old. It looks like both version 3.1 and 3.5 are available but the one in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\AccelStepper folder seems to be version 1.14

should i just replace the 1.14 .cpp and .h with the new ones or should i replace the whole folder or install some other way? how can i verify what version of a library is actually being used when compiling a script?

I have a fairly complicated sketch that runs fine on teensy 3.1 and 3.2. It uses accelstepper. On the teensy 3.6, calls to accelstepper such as stepper.moveTo (stroke); do not work as they did with the 3.2 I can do some testing with simple examples to try to narrow down the problem. My guess is that the steps are being provided much too fast for the stepper to respond. I can try different acceleration and speed limits but i am hoping to be able to have a sketch that works with the 3.2 3.5 and 3.5 without having to use different parameters.

Is anyone aware of problems using accelstepper with the teensy 3.5 and 3.6? Do i need to update the version? I recently installed the latest teensyduino but the accelstepper version seems to be pretty old. It looks like both version 3.1 and 3.5 are available but the one in my C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\AccelStepper folder seems to be version 1.14

should i just replace the 1.14 .cpp and .h with the new ones or should i replace the whole folder or install some other way? how can i verify what version of a library is actually being used when compiling a script?

I replaced the version of Accelstepper that was included with the current Teensyduino with the newest Accelstepper version and my sketch now works perfectly. Pleased it was such an easy fix. I recommend to Paul that he include the current Accelstepper with the Teensyduino distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back