Teensy 3.5 overclocking (not 3.6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

plgDavid

Hello!

Looking at latest Boards.txt (and ResetHandler from mk20dx128.c) there are many different overclocking entries for 3.6 but none for 3.5.

My question is simple. Is it because its just not possible to set PLL ratios/dividers for 3.5 in a way to offer a little boost that is both stable and compatible with all functions of the MK64FX512 or, which is my guess, no one experimented/tried much with the concept.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Ack my bad, the nested #ifdef's confused me for a bit.

Seems its possible to set
F_CPU to 144MHz and (which keeps F_BUS to 48MHz)
F_CPU to 168MHz (which sets F_BUS to 56MHz)
on Teensy 3.5.

Will tell you how it goes, but so far initial tests are fine.

Can't wait to show the world what we have been cooking with the Teensy platform for the past 2 years. :)

Last edited:
Indeed you found it is possible . . . Looking forward to your results. Others seem to have done it didn't see much in overt notes. When I tried I was seeing failures - but that may have been during in/near beta when things hadn't gotten stabilized - and the goal was testing at speed for KS release. Though I did try it faster the other week and it seemed okay - but no external devices were attached. As for the T_3.6 I spent more time on that, before and after the T_3.5, usually at 240 MHz.

The T_3.5 has that. I recently edited my boarts.txt and the T-3.5 worked as I used it - but that has been overwritten already with new TeesnyDuino Beta

Maybe with good testing done - Paul can pre-enable appropriate caveat laden OC options for the T_3.5.

If you get stable results maybe post on the current Beta TeensyDuino thread and it can get turned on for wider use.

<edit> just reminded I had to manually create the IDE entry for T_3.5 faster speed - it isn't present even commented in the current boards.txt

Last edited:
I'll put the 144 & 168 MHz overclock options in the CPU Speed menu starting with 1.35-beta2, coming in a week or two...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back