spi ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomen

Hi my teensy 3.6 just arrived! yay first uni project!

Sorry I am TOTALLY new to all of this :)

I was wondering where the 3 spi connections are.. SPI doesn't appear to be listed on the postcard that came with all the ins and outs..

Thanks,
Tom

SPI0 is the normal 10=CS 11=MOSI 12=MISO 13=SCK like the rest of the Arduino family.

SPI1 is 31=CS 0=MOSI 1=MISO 32=SCK

SPI2 is 43=CS 44=MOSI 45=MISO 46=SDK

be aware youll need to solder to the pads and not holes on the back to access SPI2 (as well as uart6)

Actually the SPI ports are listed on the T3.6 cards
For example: Pins 10,11,12,13 are labelled in green as CS0,MOSI0,MISO0,SCK0 for SPI

See if you can find SPI buses 1 and 2 on the card
Here's a clue - be sure to look on back of the card as well!

Okay, so...now I'm confused. It's not hard to do, unfortunately. I'm seeing on the pinout card for my Teensy 3.6 that many signals seem to be duplicated. For example, the signal "CS0" appears to be brought out to no less than five pins. What I'm wondering is, if I have a sketch that requires, say, Serial2, will the Serial2 functionality mask off the two CS0's on (digital) pins 9/10? I'm guessing I'd have to say something like "Serial2.begin(19200);" well after defining a class (like WiFi101) that used SPI0, but I somehow doubt that using the CS0 brought out on (digital) pin 15 is as easy as just plugging the wire in to that port, and telling the sketch that it's pin 15 to listen to for CS, but then again, given the wizardry already in play here, nothing would surprise me...?

the extra ones are alternate pins for the spi in case for example you prefer to use pin 13 as just a led you can assign the sck to the alternate pin with SPI.setSCK(alternatePin) and then you can use pin 13 for other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back