Custom Teensy LC with MK02 accepts bootloader but no USB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m even not able to see a program button on your schematic... It should normally be connected to PTB2 of the MKL02 if I remember well.

I have a very small board so haven't added the button and I use via and a connector from the ground pin to use the program.So we use program manually by connecting the pin to ground through a connector.

Yea, but still: You'll see no reaction on a not programmed "Teensy" - neither with reset, nor "program" button. You can use an oscilloskope, but did he?

@jrdlm: Where is the MKL0x from? Directly from PJRC, or other source? It must have the bootloader flashed.

No, the MK20 can be bought anywhere and empty. But the MKL02 must contain the „magic sauce“ from PJRC to make everything work.

That‘s PJRC‘s business model. Almost everything is open source, public, and free. But everybody needs a bootloader chip from them which contains their business secret.

Yes, you might buy the KEIL development system for around $1000. But then, you’d still have to write all the boot and startup code by yourself.

Is there any other way to program the microcontroller?
Have anyone programmed it using jtag?

Basically, that are not nice questions. You get so much from PJRC for free: The Teensyduino plugin for the Arduino IDE, the complete core files, tons of libraries, forum support, etc.

So, for me it’s the most honorable thing to buy at least the MKL02 with their firmware from then to pay at least a little back for their efforts.

Basically, that is not a nice question. You get so much from PJRC for free: The Teensyduino plugin for the Arduino IDE, the complete core files, tons of libraries, forum support, etc.

So, for me it’s the most honorable way to buy the MKL02 with their firmware from then to pay at least a little back for their efforts.

Yeah but problem is that we are in some hurry and it will take much time to get it shipped in my country.So i was looking for other options.

Using the bootloader-ic is much more comfortable, too.

Use a teensy for development while you're waiting :) No need to hurry.
Or remove the bootloader from a teensy and solder it to your board.

Is there any other way to program the microcontroller?

Yes, of course there is!

The main company selling stand-alone programming equipment for these chips is P&E Micro.

http://www.pemicro.com/

The HEX files produced by Teensyduino will work with a chip (no bootloader present), but you can't use Teensyduino to upload new code via USB. If you buy a programming from P&E Micro, you board will remain fixed with your code and can't be easily upgraded by USB. But you can replace the cost of bootloader chips with the one-time cost and one-time programming step with their programmer hardware.

We don't do anything special in the code to limit you to only using the bootloader, so you do have the freedom to use other solutions like P&E Micro. If you do, and you need assistance, please contact them for tech support. We can't support their programmers here, other than merely telling you they exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back