Audio tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

private 1

Anyone noticed the "pt2811" , in the description it mentions the "pt8211", I really need to use the pt2811, not sure if the code will work!

My question is out of the 2 processors mentioned, which one relates to the code supplied?

Well, this answer may sound overly obvious, but out of the 2 chips mentioned (PT2811 and UDA1345TS), the pt2811 feature in the Teensy Audio Library works with the PT2811.

Yeah, a shocking surprise, isn't it?

need to use the pt2811, not sure if the code will work!

The code works with the PT2811 chip. Frank and Ben wrote this code and they both used it with PT2811 chips.

I personally built this and tested with this hardware.

pt2811.jpg
(click for full size)

I can attest to the fact I hear this play sound (through an amplified speaker) and it worked great.

So there you have it, there eye witness (or ear witness) accounts that it does indeed work. Why would you believe it doesn't work?

The DAC mentioned is not a PT2811 but the Princeton Technology PT8211. In the audio system design tool it shows up one way in the object button, and the correct way in the help file. This may be part of the confusion?
I really need one of these for a project. I wasted a month ordering them from Futurlec only to find out a month later they were out of stock and holding the whole order- even though they charged my MC for the full order amount. The only other places I've seen them are in China on eBay, and I've had spotty luck getting anything this way.
Any one want to sell me 1 ( or more).
thanks

Well, this answer may sound overly obvious, but out of the 2 chips mentioned (PT2811 and UDA1345TS), the pt2811 feature in the Teensy Audio Library works with the PT2811.

Yeah, a shocking surprise, isn't it?

The code works with the PT2811 chip. Frank and Ben wrote this code and they both used it with PT2811 chips.

I personally built this and tested with this hardware.

View attachment 9631
(click for full size)

I can attest to the fact I hear this play sound (through an amplified speaker) and it worked great.

So there you have it, there eye witness (or ear witness) accounts that it does indeed work. Why would you believe it doesn't work?

Hi Paul, sorry for the newbie questions, I have no doubt what you and your team produced works, just confused there are 2 different processors mentioned in the same context, the pt2811 and in the example pt8211 just making sure it is not a typo.not sure where the reference to UDA1345TS came from; Can you suggest a supplier for the pt2811? having difficulty here in Canada obtaining this item,
cheers

So the advantage of using this over the built in DAC is...
Over Sampling?
Can add stereo
What else?

The built in DACs of the Teensys are only 12 bit, which might be a limitation and that is what leads most people to use external 16bit DACs. Stereo is another aspect, but the T3.6 has 2 internal DACs while the 3.2 has only a single one.

Oversampling is a pure and simple software question and depends only on the computing power of the MCU and of the speed of the used DAC. I did once 8x oversampling using a special half band FIR algorithm with the internal DAC of the T3.2 at 384ks/s (8x48kHz) without problems.

Oh, opps, yes that's just a typo, and then I copied the wrong number here a few times!

There is no PT2811. It's only PT8211. Somehow my eyes are having a hard time seeing pt2811 and pt8211 differently, even after I know about the mistake....

I've updated the audio library documentation and design tool page.

https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/Audio/commit/c3eb1f6bfeed16c1d41e1419b3d5b845476b063b

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/gui/?info=AudioOutputPT8211

If you find any more incorrect "pt2811", please let me know?

As for actually getting this part, you're probably going to have to resort to using ebay or aliexpress. Chinese New Year celebrations in China should be wrapping up this week, so at least they should become buyable again soon.

Somehow my eyes are having a hard time seeing pt2811 and pt8211 differently
Hey Paul I don't think it's your eyes I'm having the same issues, for a while I was wondering what you guys are talking about lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back