OpenTherm protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

someteen

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with this communication protocol used by some HVAC systems? I'm trying to communicate with my central heating appliance (Remeha boiler) as I don't have a corresponding OpenTherm thermostat.

Despite its name, the protocol isn't "open" and I had a hard time trying to get some deep informations about it. Every diy implementations I've read about is using a commercial OpenTherm gateway (master) and is emulating a thermostat (slave) but, like I've just said, I want to skip that middle-man (gateway).

Thank you in advance for any clue.

I knew about that website (and similar ones) but they are talking about OpenTherm monitors - that's it, their devices only read data from the heater but are unable to write (send commands). That's why they're using an OT gateway in between.

I'll try to recheck my old "bookmarks" for any updates on this matter but I thought I could get some help here (the best embedded community ever).

The protocol specification in the footnotes seems to document boiler-to-thermostate and thermostate-to-boiler communication?

Opentherm is on my to do list to check out, but no definite timing on that ;) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back