Teensy++2.0 with X-plane 11 and input Pins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm new to electronics and i have started a project where i will build a Cessna 172 light panel for X-Plane and i want to ask, on the Teensy ++ 2.0 what pins can i attach switches in or the rotating components in (sorry i'm not professional or anything:p)

also will Teensy ++ 2.0 work with X-Plane 11?

Switches can usually attach to any of the digital pins.

For solid advice, more info is needed on the "rotating components". There are two common types. They look alike, so small details matter. Ideally, you might have the part numbers and links to their datasheeets.

Analog pots typically turn about 180 to 270 degrees. Normally power is connected to 2 of the pins, and the 3rd (middle) pin connects to an analog input.

Rotary encoders normally get 1 pin connected to ground, and 2 others connect to digital pins. Most rotary encoders have 360 degrees continuous rotation.

I have no idea about X-Plane version 11. Hopefully some other X-Plane folks will be able to answer.

Honestly, I haven't used X-Plane in a couple years. Even if there is an issue, I probably won't be able to do much with X-Plane for at least a few months. Several other projects are much higher priority right now.

As far as the teensy plugin with xplane 11 goes, it is a bit of a mixed bag at this point. I have been able to get some datarefs to work but others do not work. Right now all of the datadefs which pertain to the GPS units do not seem to work at all. But all of the other datarefs work. I thought this might have to do with xplane 11 reworking all of their Garmin models but I logged a bug with Laminar and they said it was a plugin issue. I find that suspicious given that all other datarefs seem to behave normally except the ones related to the GPS. If anyone has a clue I am interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back