I made a Teensy LoRa board

Fyod

There's not much info here on LoRa technology, but I've decided to delve into it and make this little node shield.
I decided to go with the MicroChip RN2483 for its good documentation. Also added GPS for testing.
Should be up and running soon.

mhfqeF3l.jpg

2vRRZopl.jpg

ZwVE1Cdl.jpg

Thanks! That one's for RPi and these modules offer both 433/868MHz, thus two antennas, although 868 is more common.

@foyd, I haven't looked into that particular RF module, but have been using the Hope RFM radios for a couple of years. They are a somewhat cheaper, and have xmit power to 20 dBm and good library support.
https://lowpowerlab.com/shop/product/144

Is there something special about the RN2483 radios that would be good to know about?

I chose it mainly due to the great documentation and support at Microchip. Soon I may also need the parts to be fully certified.

Looks awesome. Any plans to sell these somewhere?

Should be up on Tindie shortly.

Very nice and neatly packed! Care to share the circuit diagram?

There's not much to it. The RN needs 3.3V, a cap, gnd and Rx/Tx. I decided to add an on/off switch and battery charger so that it can be carried around for testing.

Hi Greg,
I had to suspend them because Microchip was doing firmware updates and noone had the modules in stock, but they'll be back shortly since it looks like both US and EU bands are available again.

Hi Greg,
I had to suspend them because Microchip was doing firmware updates and noone had the modules in stock, but they'll be back shortly since it looks like both US and EU bands are available again.

Great thanks!

Hi Greg,

Any progress on having them back in the Tindie store? I couldn't find them searching for "Teensy LoRa"

This is a bit of an old thread, but what has become of this project? I would like to explore a LoRa/Teensy solution for a commercial product. Thank You.

Back