ILI9341_t3 with a DC pin problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAØEJH

I use the Adafruit_ILI9341 driver for my SDR project with the Teensy3.1 and the AudioBoard.

The Display is a bit slow, and i tried the ILI9341_t3 Graphictest, that is awsome , very fast....

So , to speedup my Display i tryed de ILI9341_t3 driver

The ILI9341_t3 uses D20 and D21 for RS an DC...but they are already in use in my SDR program

With the Ada driver, i use D2 for the RS pin and D3 for the DC pin...

With the ILI9341_t3 , I can set RS to D2 but DC wil not work on D0, 1, 3, 8 and 10

Because of the AudioBoard, some Pin's cannot be used...

I use this setting with the GraphicsTest on a Breadboard now:

#define TFT_DC 20
#define TFT_CS 2 //21
#define TFT_RST 1 // 255 = unused, connect to 3.3V
#define TFT_MOSI 7
#define TFT_SCLK 14
#define TFT_MISO 12
ILI9341_t3 tft = ILI9341_t3(TFT_CS, TFT_DC, TFT_RST, TFT_MOSI, TFT_SCLK, TFT_MISO);

Is there a reason why the DC pin will not work on other Pins with the ILI9341_t3 driver ????

Grtz,

Egbert.

I use the Adafruit_ILI9341 driver for my SDR project with the Teensy3.1 and the AudioBoard.

The Display is a bit slow, and i tried the ILI9341_t3 Graphictest, that is awsome , very fast....

So , to speedup my Display i tryed de ILI9341_t3 driver

The ILI9341_t3 uses D20 and D21 for RS an DC...but they are already in use in my SDR program

With the Ada driver, i use D2 for the RS pin and D3 for the DC pin...

With the ILI9341_t3 , I can set RS to D2 but DC wil not work on D0, 1, 3, 8 and 10

Because of the AudioBoard, some Pin's cannot be used...

I use this setting with the GraphicsTest on a Breadboard now:

#define TFT_DC 20
#define TFT_CS 2 //21
#define TFT_RST 1 // 255 = unused, connect to 3.3V
#define TFT_MOSI 7
#define TFT_SCLK 14
#define TFT_MISO 12
ILI9341_t3 tft = ILI9341_t3(TFT_CS, TFT_DC, TFT_RST, TFT_MOSI, TFT_SCLK, TFT_MISO);

Is there a reason why the DC pin will not work on other Pins with the ILI9341_t3 driver ????

Grtz,

Egbert.

No, the lib is programed this way just for fun and to annoy the users :eek:)

joke.

There are indeed special chipselect pins, which can be switched by the SPI-hardware, automatically.
They are marked on your card ("CS0") which came with your teensy. The _t3 driver makes use of this feature, and it is one of the reasons why it is so fast.

Here's a table which shows which pins can be used together with the audio-adapter.
https://www.pjrc.com/store/display_ili9341.html

You'll see, that it is still possible to use both with the _t3 lib.

Last edited:
I have all Display lines 'HardWired' i made a PCBoard, on Pin 20 and 21 are switches, so i must cut traces and do some re-wiring....

I use the AudioShield, so pin's are restricted, i used pin 10 but it does not work...???

The sketchfill is made for a 1.8 Inch TFT, i use a ILI9341, so i must fill 4 times more screen space...

It works, but a bit more speed would be nice....

Tnx for quick reply,

Egbert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back