Experience with the Video Experimenters Shield???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjs513

Senior Member+
I came across a video experimenters shield when working on my robot projects and was wondering if this could be used with a Teensy 3.5. The reason for the interest is to do frame comparisons to determine movement or obstacles determination. The only issue would be to have to modify the serialbuffer portion of the library which would be new to me.

Don't know if anyone has any experiences with this shield.

Thanks
Mike

hi tonton81. I took a look at the requirements but wasn't sure how to translate them to the teensy 3.5 pins. I just found this post on the teensy 3 https://forum.pjrc.com/archive/index.php/t-23432.html. Not sure if it applies. Any guess the question boils down to what pins would be equivalent? Or what I would have to do. I think Paul posted a link to the processor manual - guess I will have to dig it up :). Love a good challenge. Figure a teensy can do anything a mega can do but better :)

Hi all. I started digging into the Teensy 3.5 schematic and the processor reference manual. From the K64P144M120SF5.pdf
PTC2 is identified as ADC0_ SE4b/ CMP1_IN0 while PTC3 is defined as CMP1_IN1. From the schematic these are hooked up to pins 23 and 9 respectfully. I am assuming that these would be the same as pins 6 and 7 on the Arduino which would be the same as AIN0 and AIN1. Reason I am saying this is that if I look at the k64F freedom board pin layout that I found here that is what is identified. According the Video experimenters site the shield uses digital pins 2, 6, 7, 8, and optionally 9. Uses analog pin 2. Still working to make sure of the rest. Hopefully someone can confirm this?

As you can tell I have no idea what I am doing here, just guessing and trying to compare.

Hi there. Did you have any luck with this? Would love to get this shield going for the 4.0 but not sure where to start.

Sorry - put it in a box and nothing further was done. You might do a search on video on the forum - there may be other solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back