WS2812B v2.1 release from manufacturer not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtos

Hello, we produced a small product using teensy and neopixels for development, and now we buy the addressable LED direct from factory. The manufacturer has updated their chip, View attachment WS2812B datasheet V2.1.pdfWS2812B (neopixel) now is V2.1, and the timings changed a bit. Is there any hard modification needed for the library on the teensy 3.2 or LC?

Hmmm, maybe the longer reset time might need a small, very simple code tweak. Previously it was 50 us. I can't read the Chinese chars, but this looks like an increase to 300 us. You could also simply wait before sending the next update.

My oversea engineering team states that the LEDs are acting strange, so I may have to wait until my sample arrives in the USA in a few weeks to verify on the scope. I used google translate on the document, but it looks mostly the same for timings other than the longer rest like you said. I use a level shifter to bump the 3.3V up, then about 6 inches of 24AWG wire until the first LED, then 6 LED within 1 inch of each other. All basic same circuit otherwise as neopixels.

or if it's a simple spot in the library for teensy I can modify and report results.

I got a sample and can confirm that the LED no longer works with the adafruit library. The first LED will light up but not correct color, and other colors thereafter will do nothing. I assume there is a timing fix I must do in the library. I'm shocked this is not already updated as the vendor said they are end of life, so it must be done eventually, unless they have a ton of inventory to move before the new batch arrives?

I tried in the header file of the library
Code:
inline bool
    //canShow(void) { return (micros() - endTime) >= 50L; }
   canShow(void) { return (micros() - endTime) >= 300L; }

300us seems to change at correct times, but colors are all wrong and only the first LED in the string works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back