Looking for a good 7" 800x480 TFT for an RA8875...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ariesboy571

Hey all! Quick question.

I have a Teensy 3.2 which is *fabulous* for running my Adafruit-purchased RA8875 driver. However, the 7" TFT screen I purchased from them was...less than fabulous. It's difficult to read from any angle but straight on, color saturation and brightness seem a bit lacking; I feel like I paid a pretty penny for it, but was disappointed. I see people referring to buydisplay.com, and I was looking at their 7" 800x480 TFT.
The one I lust after is their 8" 800x480 TFT; being able to run that would just make my day.
My question though is, does the 40-pin ribbon connector just plug straight in to the RA8875? I can't seem to find a spec sheet that would tell me. What's everyone been ordering off that site?
The other thing is, I'm definitely on a budget here...and if I can get the bigger TFT for what I'm paying for Adafruit's 7" TFT, so much the better...

Thank you!

PS: I just (partly) answered my own question: Their 7" TFT is a plug-in pin-compatible display for the RA8875. The 8" is not. And they have a $20 wire transfer fee. So much for "affordable"...

Last edited:
Hmm..The TFT page says the connector is a 25mm 50 pin ZIF cable, but the Adafruit page says it has a 20mm 40 pin connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back