Teensy Loader not found on ODROID (Ubuntu)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefhermit

Arduino: 1.8.1 (Linux), TD: 1.35, Board: "Teensy 3.6, Serial, 180 MHz, Fast, US English"

Opening Teensy Loader...
Unable find Teensy Loader. (p) Is the Teensy Loader application running?
Error compiling for board Teensy 3.6.

Any help on locating the missing loader would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

I thought I responded here yesterday but somehow the reply was lost.

Might help to know which Odroid you are trying to use and how you are trying to use it.

In particular the Odroid C2 runs with ARM64 and there are issues trying to run the 32 bit ARM code on it. I have been able to get most of it to work on it by loading the correct 32 bit libraries. More details up at: http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=21249#p153948

It was awhile ago but I believe I had it working on a C1... Could try again on Xu3 lite or Xu4 if that would help.

If it can not load teensy.exe there may be some missing component. What I would do is go to where Teensy.exe is located.
Which is in your <Arduino folder>/hardware/tools directory.

I would open a command line there and type: ./teensy

If it fails to load, then try to install what it is missing. On C2 I needed to do: sudo apt-get install libusb-0.1-4:armh

So on other Teensy boards you might need to do the same minus the :armh

Now if that works, BUT you are trying to run Arduino from command line without GUI, the Teensy program will not run without the GUI...

Thanks for your reply Kurt,

I am using the -C2 and followed your posts a few days ago on the ODROID forum
to get the Arduino IDE up and running.

The teensy does load at the CLI and I can compile and run, at least, Blink.
I still get the following from the IDE:

Arduino: 1.8.1 (Linux), TD: 1.35, Board: "Teensy 3.6, Serial, 180 MHz, Fast, US English"

Sketch uses 20736 bytes (1%) of program storage space. Maximum is 1048576 bytes.
Global variables use 3964 bytes (1%) of dynamic memory, leaving 258180 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 262144 bytes.
An error occurred while uploading the sketch
/home/odroid/arduino-1.8.1/hardware/teensy/../tools/teensy_reboot: error while loading shared libraries: libusb-0.1.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

If I try to install either of these "libusb":

E: Unable to locate package libusb-0.1-4:armh
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'libusb-0.1-4'
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libusb-0.1-4'

Thanks,

Ken

FYI - I just verified that I could install on Xu4... And everything appeared to work.
I have not played with the C2 in awhile so may have to dig it out and build it up from scratch again. Last time I played with it I had not yet done the hacks to get the terminal monitor to work and also don't know if that will work or not with the updated versions with Teensyduino.

Edit: the command line should be: sudo apt-get install libusb-0.1-4:armhf

Note: I updated the post on odroid forum to add the f at the end...

Last edited:
I have a similar problem. I'm using ubuntu 16.04, I've installed teensyduino 1.43 (tried 1.27, 1.44, 1.45 versions before) and arudino 1.8.6 and when I try to "Verify" on arduino IDE, the teensy loader pops up, but the message "Unable find Teensy Loader. (r) Is the Teensy Loader application running?" constantly shows up.
When I run teensy_reboot on the command window, the same happens.
I am able to flash code through Teensy Loader, only the IDE can't find it.
I have apt-geted both libpng12 and libusb.
I've been trying for almost two days and haven't found the solution
Thanks in advance

Sorry, I have not been using Odroids for awhile, which one are you trying to download to?

Communication is between them is done with localhost networking on port 3149.

Try running this command:

Code:
telnet 127.0.0.1 3149

You should see something like this:

Code:
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
Teensy Loader 1.46-beta10

This is what I get
Code:
Trying 127.0.1.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Teensy Loader 1.43

but still the error persists.

PS: my localhost is on the 127.0.1.1. Could that be the issue?

Last edit: It was the issue!!

Last edited:
Teensy Loader 1.43

Please test with 1.45 or 1.46-beta10. Click Help > About in Arduino, and Help > About in Teensy Loader to make sure both are the correct version. If you have an older Teensy Loader, just quit and click Verify in Arduino, so Arduino launches its copy which will be a matching version.

Maybe try running "teensy_reboot -v"?

Honestly, I'm completely at a loss for why you can reach Teensy Loader with telnet, but teensy_reboot can't do the same thing. Very strange problem!

Apparently the problem was that my localhost was defined to 127.0.1.1 in /etc/hosts.
I changed it to 127.0.0.1 and now it works. I was able to upload the echoboth sketch.
Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back