Prop shield 3.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomen

Hi just wondering if I need the prop shield to play audio out of speakers on a teensy 3.6 does it also handle motion controlled audio? or led based response to audio

I found this github here where the audio signal comes in to the teensy via a circuit and then it uses that to work with the led strip.. I was wondering if the teensy was playing a wav or the like, can you pre-interpret the audio data and get the calculations done and drive the strip without the analog audio in?

https://github.com/2xAA/Audio-Light-Tube
Thanks
Tom

Last edited:
The Prop shield is just a nice hardware package. Any moduulation of lights/sounds based on motion is very much something you need to do, though the sensor fusion code makes it a lot easier. Re using your own wave data to modulate lights have a look at the anylsis functions in the audio library. fft and peak detect will do most of what you want but will need some roll your own code to actually do fun things with the lights.

Indeed, the prop shield gives you several separate peripherals. It's basically the same as if you buy a separate motion sensor board, audio amp board, LED driver, and flash memory chip. They're all on the same board in one convenient size. But to the software, they're all just separate things connected to your Teensy. The make lights motion controlled, you need to add code which reads the motion sensors and changes the lights. The prop shield gives you the hardware, but it's up to you to add the software side to make it actually do these things the way you want.

Though I wonder what more stuff could be added to a 3.6 prop shield, due to having a little more room on board. Obviously a 3.6 prop shield would need two amplifiers, and appropriate outputs. It would be nice if there were connections for a headphone jack. I dunno, maybe a GPS, maybe an ESP8266 for wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back