New Audio Board! TI TLV320AIC3206

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super board and specifications,

i have two questions,
1)
How good an high impedance input amplifier would work, for example for a guitar signal, without to get problems with digital (switching) noise?
This is one of the main problems with the sgtl5000 audio adapter because there is no clean split between agnd and vgnd.
2)
Did you plan a smaller light version of your board?
Only the audio codec with audio input and ouput. But without led's, bluetooth and so on.
A board as small as possible so that all other connections from the Teensy3.6 board are easily and freely accessible.

/g
wolke

Super board and specifications,

i have two questions,
1)
How good an high impedance input amplifier would work, for example for a guitar signal, without to get problems with digital (switching) noise?
This is one of the main problems with the sgtl5000 audio adapter because there is no clean split between agnd and vgnd.
2)
Did you plan a smaller light version of your board?
Only the audio codec with audio input and ouput. But without led's, bluetooth and so on.
A board as small as possible so that all other connections from the Teensy3.6 board are easily and freely accessible.

/g
wolke

A guitar needs a proper preamp that runs off 9V or more. You can build your own around the SGTL5000 board but that won't solve issues with the ADC's analog being connected to digital supply through an inductor.

I've designed a board to address these same issues. You can take a look at my latest schematics here:
https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/42678-Teeny-Guitar-Audio-Board

In my Rev2, I generated all analog voltages from LDOs that are isolated from the digital supplies.

Last edited:
Hey, I missed this.

It would be great to get the to tlv320aic3206 "controller" into the audio library. It would have made it easier for me to have stumbled on this, and of course just adds to the library.

I have a tlv320aic3104 that I've been testing for use in my live audio mixer project. I wonder how hard it would be to modify this driver to run that evm board. I might try!

These tlv series chips are inexpensive and jam packed with features. What I like about the 3104 is it has balancrd inputs and outputs. This is important for live audio. The sound quality is "average". I've been experiencing with the PCM5242 because it would be "entry level high end". But cost wise you can't beat tlv.

Hey, I missed this.

It would be great to get the to tlv320aic3206 "controller" into the audio library. It would have made it easier for me to have stumbled on this, and of course just adds to the library.

I have a tlv320aic3104 that I've been testing for use in my live audio mixer project. I wonder how hard it would be to modify this driver to run that evm board. I might try!

These tlv series chips are inexpensive and jam packed with features. What I like about the 3104 is it has balancrd inputs and outputs. This is important for live audio. The sound quality is "average". I've been experiencing with the PCM5242 because it would be "entry level high end". But cost wise you can't beat tlv.

I add d the driver for the AIC3206 to the Teens audio library via Pull Request. I think that Paul accepted it. So, it should be now available beyond just the Tympan library.

Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back