Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Audio Board! TI TLV320AIC3206

Super board and specifications,

i have two questions,
    1)
    How good an high impedance input amplifier would work, for example for a guitar signal, without to get problems with digital (switching) noise?
    This is one of the main problems with the sgtl5000 audio adapter because there is no clean split between agnd and vgnd.
    2)
    Did you plan a smaller light version of your board?
    Only the audio codec with audio input and ouput. But without led's, bluetooth and so on.
    A board as small as possible so that all other connections from the Teensy3.6 board are easily and freely accessible.

/g
    wolke

Quote Originally Posted by wolke View Post
    Super board and specifications,

i have two questions,
    1)
    How good an high impedance input amplifier would work, for example for a guitar signal, without to get problems with digital (switching) noise?
    This is one of the main problems with the sgtl5000 audio adapter because there is no clean split between agnd and vgnd.
    2)
    Did you plan a smaller light version of your board?
    Only the audio codec with audio input and ouput. But without led's, bluetooth and so on.
    A board as small as possible so that all other connections from the Teensy3.6 board are easily and freely accessible.

/g
    wolke
    A guitar needs a proper preamp that runs off 9V or more. You can build your own around the SGTL5000 board but that won't solve issues with the ADC's analog being connected to digital supply through an inductor.

I've designed a board to address these same issues. You can take a look at my latest schematics here:
    https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/42678...ar-Audio-Board

In my Rev2, I generated all analog voltages from LDOs that are isolated from the digital supplies.
    Last edited by Blackaddr; 06-14-2017 at 07:38 PM.