Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Teensyduino 1.36 Beta #4

Thanks for the followup. I'm probably going to release where we're at now (a few minor fixes since beta4) as 1.36.

If anyone knows of any issue which ought to hold up a 1.36 release, please speak up ASAP...

The Beta 4 Snooze doesn't compile with USB Serial disabled. There is a new Snooze version.

I know it is not related to Teensy in any way, but sometime people make the connection think that Teensy has something to do with it/

On Ubuntu and maybe on other distribution, there is a documented installation bug that will prevent the Arduino to register as an application.

https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/6116

Quote Originally Posted by tni View Post
    The Beta 4 Snooze doesn't compile with USB Serial disabled. There is a new Snooze version.
    Yes this is right and there where a few other small problems that where fixed, I thought paul said that after beta4 released there was freeze on updates and such so I didn't say anything.

I just wrapped up 1.36.

I got a 1.36 email from kickstarter because I was in on the T3.6 campaign. That was a good write up Paul. I haven't followed many things on kickstarter and have only backed the 3.6 so far but you are so far ahead of the others in getting things just plain right and in a timely manner without the BS hype it is noteworthy.
    Last edited by DaQue; 03-31-2017 at 07:50 PM.

@defragster and Paul

Just wanted to let you know that since the formal release of 1.36 haven't seen the problem of having to cycle power.

Thanks
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mjs513 View Post
    @defragster and Paul

Just wanted to let you know that since the formal release of 1.36 haven't seen the problem of having to cycle power.

Thanks
    Mike
    Good news! So the change to setup() entry and USB startup caused a bit of change to your code as written to start up your devices - but it was a minimal change just to make sure your devices were ready to begin. When the Wiki is online that setup() process handling could be explained to get Teensy to best show handling its fast startup and prevent crashing devices that aren't ready to begin that fast.

I hav'nt time to dig into this (too much other projects): Is it only me, or did anyone else notice, that - often - the SD can not initialize after reprogramming the teensy ? Is there a workaround ? Unfortunately, i'm not sure if that is new issue with the new teensyduino... maybe this issue is old(?)

Teensy 3.6