Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Touch to MIDI interface using Skintimacy and Teensy

Touch to MIDI interface using Skintimacy and Teensy

Skintimacy is a board designed by Alexander Müller-Rakow, that allows to measure some conductance between one master and 4 slaves/players. It is designed with the idea of using it between 5 people touching each other, but the master and/or the players could indeed be objects.

This project gives you 4 MIDI controllers, each value depending of how much contact each player has with the master.

If you can get hold of one Skintimacy kit, it is a bijou.

Skintimacy website
    Touch to MIDI interface using Skintimacy and Teensy project

This was posted on the PJRC website. Here's the link.

https://www.pjrc.com/skintimacy-midi-touch-instrument/

Hi Paul, thank you for sharing. However there is a misunderstanding. The touch to MIDI interface is a project I made using a Skintimacy and a Teensy. The Skintimacy by itself does not use a Teensy and is not MIDI. The Skintimacy is a kit by Alexander Müller-Rakow. I am a creative coder from the liveelectronics.musinou.net website.

Thank you for your fantastic work on the Teensy. My favorite board.

Oh, yeah, misunderstandings happen sometimes with the blog articles. I did not personally write this one.

Could I talk you into recommending the specific words to delete and the text you'd like to see replace them?

What do you think of this?

This text:
    The Skintimacy boards work with a Teensy to create a MIDI instrument that works with any music software. When the players touch each other you get a higher controller value, which allows you to trigger effects, distort sounds or play different notes.

Could become:
    The Skintimacy MIDI Touch Instrument is a project by the creative coder and composer Sonia Paço-Rocchia. This project uses a Skintimacy boards and a Teensy to create a MIDI instrument that works with any music software. When the players touch each other you get a higher controller value, which allows you to trigger effects, distort sounds or play different notes.

Website updated.

https://www.pjrc.com/skintimacy-midi-touch-instrument/

If you have more works we should show on the website, please just let me know?

Hopefully we'll get better about timely followups on forum threads. Working now to improve our process for how the website gets updated...

I have many! What is the best way to let you know? Should I post them on the forum? Thank you!

Here on this forum with 1 thread per project / article is best.

ok, thank you!