Touch to MIDI interface using Skintimacy and Teensy

musinou

Skintimacy is a board designed by Alexander Müller-Rakow, that allows to measure some conductance between one master and 4 slaves/players. It is designed with the idea of using it between 5 people touching each other, but the master and/or the players could indeed be objects.

This project gives you 4 MIDI controllers, each value depending of how much contact each player has with the master.

If you can get hold of one Skintimacy kit, it is a bijou.

Skintimacy website
Touch to MIDI interface using Skintimacy and Teensy project

Hi Paul, thank you for sharing. However there is a misunderstanding. The touch to MIDI interface is a project I made using a Skintimacy and a Teensy. The Skintimacy by itself does not use a Teensy and is not MIDI. The Skintimacy is a kit by Alexander Müller-Rakow. I am a creative coder from the liveelectronics.musinou.net website.

Thank you for your fantastic work on the Teensy. My favorite board.

Oh, yeah, misunderstandings happen sometimes with the blog articles. I did not personally write this one.

Could I talk you into recommending the specific words to delete and the text you'd like to see replace them?

What do you think of this?

This text:
The Skintimacy boards work with a Teensy to create a MIDI instrument that works with any music software. When the players touch each other you get a higher controller value, which allows you to trigger effects, distort sounds or play different notes.

Could become:
The Skintimacy MIDI Touch Instrument is a project by the creative coder and composer Sonia Paço-Rocchia. This project uses a Skintimacy boards and a Teensy to create a MIDI instrument that works with any music software. When the players touch each other you get a higher controller value, which allows you to trigger effects, distort sounds or play different notes.

Back