Midi Out : Doubt on Teensy page

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimitre

I've seen this reference and it seems a little bit confusing what to do with pin 5, it seems to be reversed on the photography and schematic. Or I need to understand better what is happening
https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_MIDI.html

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 7.34.39 PM.jpg

Last edited:
How is that reversed? but I do find 'negative' to be a bit misleading... the Tx pin pulls pin 5 LOW (not 'negative' per se but you can't call it 'ground').

(There is the 'reversed' issue on some drawings as they may be showing the male pin out or the connection side of the female but I believe the photo is correct and is consistent with the schematic.)

Last edited:
I mean, not reversed, but in the photo it says pin 2 is "shield", and schematic is "ground" and I find it being a little confusing. thanks

I think it is the fact that the photograph is upside down and labelled from the front as compared to the schematic (which is looking from the back of the din socket.... positive is to the power supply , pin 5 is to the teensy... I got confused as well ...horribly confused

I think it is the fact that the photograph is upside down and labelled from the front as compared to the schematic (which is looking from the back of the din socket.... positive is to the power supply , pin 5 is to the teensy... I got confused as well ...horribly confused

Me too... especially after I dismissed this as the issue but then saw your (now nuked) post.

I didn't notice the 'upside down' thing... typically it's the kind of thing I figure out after I've got it backwards and it's not working... :)

dimitre yes you are right it always is on the left side ... you have to factor in the front labelling versus the rear labelling difference between the pictures too .... ...I got confused... the pictures are upside down... I was thinking it was like doing a nut up from the wrong side (which way do you turn it?) ...and oddson is sooooo right ....you usually figure it out after it doesn't work!! Been there done that. I think I have been more of a hinderance than a help ....follow oddson's advice

Last edited:
Yeah the upside-down plus front vs. rear panels can make the pins goes in the same side but it is a lot of confusion.
Other than that I think the center pin (2) is ground, so it only makes sense if "shield" is a synonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back