Has anyone tried using JTAG on the Teensy 3.6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sroberts

Quick background:

I designed a schematic and layout for a K10 microcontroller a couple of years ago, had some boards made, and I've been using it on a project. Recently I've started using my SDCARD only to realize that I ran the traces backwards to the card. Before fixing the problem and doing a re-spin of the board, I thought I'd see if some other board wasn't already out there commercially and then I discovered the Teensy 3.6, which appears perfect! It seems to have everything I need and I can move all of my app code and drivers over to the Teensy since almost everything is the same, and it's even faster than what I had before(180 vs 120 Mhz)! But then I noticed on the pinout there's a Debug port consisting of DD, DC, DE and G, which I'm not familiar with. I looked into the schematic and it appears that some of the JTAG pins map to these Debug pins, but the JTAG data lines go to another microcontroller (hosting a bootloader, maybe?). So in order for me to use JTAG, I'd have to pull that microcontroller off and cut some traces/add some white wires. Has anyone done this before?

And a side question - how is the Debug port on the Teensy 3.6 intended to be used? I haven't seen it talked about here and maybe I can work with that...

There are some notes from Paul about on the forum - Full debug is possible - but support for it has not made it to the active work list ( at least not alpha or beta ) - it does require participation from the bootloader processor and PJRC you identified. That is part of the design - but not yet realized for general use.

There is another element Paul has noted - general debug framework on under Arduino IDE - they are not yet pushing that - IIRC - if they did Paul suggested he would have it on active list at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back