octo basic test + first pixel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am again testing "basic test" and still the first pixel of every raw is not working.

I installed this beta without uninstalling the previous version because I didnt figure out the way to uninstall. Is that will do the job? I mean, the new install will overwrite the old one?

I installed this beta without uninstalling the previous version because I didnt figure out the way to uninstall. Is that will do the job? I mean, the new install will overwrite the old one?

Yes, it's supposed to overwrite. But Arduino may be using the library from your Documents/Arduino/libraries folder (called your "sketchbook folder"). If you've installed a copy there, Arduino always uses your copy to override all others. That's a feature which lets you customize libraries and have your own copies that persist across installs and updates, but it also can end up badly if you put a copy there for some reason and later forget about it when you intend to use the normal one.

The simplest thing you can do is add any syntax error to your code and click Verify. When compiling fails, Arduino will print info about any duplicate libraries it detects, with the full pathname of the ones it is and isn't actually using.

Well then, allow to let you know that the first pixel of every row is WORKING FINE

I overwrote the old library (indeed was using the old library) and uploaded "basic test" again, to discover that everything is working fine.

THANKS!

@Paul, could these changes to Octo lib impact on TimerOne? Updating to new beta seems to have caused an issue with previously working combo of octo with TimerOne.

@Paul, could these changes to Octo lib impact on TimerOne? Updating to new beta seems to have caused an issue with previously working combo of octo with TimerOne.

Depends on which board you're using. But this update shouldn't change the issue, it should be the same.

TimerOne uses FTM1.

OctoWS2811 uses FTM1 on Teensy 3.0.

On Teensy 3.2, 3.5, 3.6 OctoWS2811 uses FTM2, so there should not be a conflict when used on those boards.

thanks for the response. using 3.5, so should not have been impacted. Will roll back some of the sketch changes and check whats happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back