Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: MTP Responder Contribution

Trying out MTP Responder. Shows up fine on Windows 10 using a Teensy 3.6 with the built-in SD running MTP Blinky with the patch mentioned in the PR applied. I can create folders, but not rename them (i.e. I can make some "New Folder"). Any clues to fix that so the folders / files can be renamed and manipulated in Windows Explorer? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by brtaylor View Post
    Trying out MTP Responder. Shows up fine on Windows 10 using a Teensy 3.6 with the built-in SD running MTP Blinky with the patch mentioned in the PR applied. I can create folders, but not rename them (i.e. I can make some "New Folder"). Any clues to fix that so the folders / files can be renamed and manipulated in Windows Explorer? Thanks!
    If you look up the code, you will see that rename (aka move) is not implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by WMXZ View Post
    If you look up the code, you will see that rename (aka move) is not implemented.
    Thanks for that bit of information!

Hey, this is super cool! It seems to work well for me on my Teensy 3.6. Thanks for making it happen and for "MTP (Experimental)" getting pulled into the mainline Teensyduino that we all download by default.

The downside, of course, is that we lose Serial when we are in MTP mode. And by "lose Serial", I mean that I can't seem to invoke usb_serial_class methods (like dtr()).

I've seen in other threads that altering the USB modes is not that hard (certainly not as hard as getting MTP to work in the first place!). Is there any chance that someone here with some skills could do the edit to the USB modes to add serial to the MTP mode and do the pull request to Paul?

(note: I see no reason to have MTP mode *without* Serial, so I would simply add serial to the existing MTP mode. This means that we wouldn't be adding yet another entry in the USB menu. But, others might have other opinions.)

Thanks for the great work! I'd be happy to help as a tester!

Chip
    Last edited by chipaudette; 11-09-2019 at 10:43 PM.

Chip,
    The original version of he MTP has serial and not seremu
    https://github.com/yoonghm/MTP/blob/master/usb_desc.h
    Not clear why Paul has chosen to use seremu.
    Also not clear (forgot) if and what we have changed in the original code, apart from using Paul's stock usb_desc.h