Ultrasound transmitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

EladAssia

Hi all,

I'm using Teensy 3.2 + audio board for my experiment and someone suggested my to check whether I can transmit ultrasound using the teensy + audio board instead of some players which means that I will be able to operate everything through the teensy without any external device.
I saw in the audio board page in PJRC that it can transmit up to 44KHz. However, I read some posts here in the forum and saw that people were able to use it for bat detection. I could not really understand whether they were recording or transmitting as well.

Do you know if the combination of teensy 3.2 + audio board is enough to play sounds at about 125KHz?
Do any of you know if a "regular" speaker can play sounds at 125KHz? Which speaker?

Response to any of these questions will be much appreciated :)
Thanks,
Elad

Hi all,

I'm using Teensy 3.2 + audio board for my experiment and someone suggested my to check whether I can transmit ultrasound using the teensy + audio board instead of some players which means that I will be able to operate everything through the teensy without any external device.
I saw in the audio board page in PJRC that it can transmit up to 44KHz. However, I read some posts here in the forum and saw that people were able to use it for bat detection. I could not really understand whether they were recording or transmitting as well.

Do you know if the combination of teensy 3.2 + audio board is enough to play sounds at about 125KHz?
Do any of you know if a "regular" speaker can play sounds at 125KHz? Which speaker?

Response to any of these questions will be much appreciated :)
Thanks,
Elad

you can use teensy 3.2 for transmitting and receiving 125 kHz sound, you could use the audio board to interface 'front-end' with teensy. Using audio board you would need a 'front end' that translates the sound from audio band to 125 kHz for transmission and from 125 kHz to audio for reception. Details on how to do that run under software define transceiver.

As for this you may have to develop your own 'front-end', there is an alternative: do not use audio board and build a system around a ADC and DAC that can sample 300 kHz and amplify signal at 125 kHz. Anyhow, without additional electronics do will not go far.

concerning speaker, I guess you have to use special ultrasonic speakers. normal audio speakers are most likely not suited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back