Does Teensy 3.2 Have Two SPI Modules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfvalvo

Hi All.

I’m starting on a Teensy 3.2 project that will use the Audio Library and play sound from the SD card on the Audio shield. It will also drive a DotStar LED string. These LEDs are controlled by MOSI and SCK, but they don’t have a chip select input. Thus, I’d like to put them on a different SPI bus so they aren’t confused by the SD activity on SPI0.

The K20 Sub-Family Reference manual, claims that the device has two SPI modules and the pin multiplexer table shows SPI1_SOUT available on package Pins 2 & 39 (Teensy 3.2 Pins 26, & 0). But, I can’t find pin assignment options for SPI1_SCK. This signal is shown in Table 10-28 but nowhere else.

Interestingly, a different document (K20 Sub-Family Data Sheet: Technical Data) mentions only a “SPI Module” (singular).

So, does the processor chip on Teensy 3.2 have one or two SPI modules? And, if two, what pin(s) can be used for SPI1_SCK?

Thanks in advance.

Greg

There probably is a 2nd SPI on the silicon, but its clock pin isn't available, so it's really not very useful.

That's why all of PJRC's documentation makes no mention of a 2nd SPI port. It's similar to how to talk about the ADC resolution, not saying "16 bits" when we know the best case scenario is really only about 13 bits.

Thanks for the quick replies!!!

How about Teensy 3.5 or 3.6? Probably should have included that in my original question.

EDIT:
Never mind, see them in the pin out diagrams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back