Teensy 3.5 with Adafruit 32x32 (607)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitehawk39

I have been searching through the PJRC forums for a few weeks now, but and it seems like many folks have had difficulty making code for their LED matrix, as the libraries provided with the board are only compatible with UNO and MEGA. I have found many posts of people who have gotten it to work with a Teensy 3.1, however their code either did not work for me or lead to a dead link. Does anyone have any experience getting code to turn the LED's on?

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I'm under a time constraint and cannot procure any of these parts besides a capacitor. I did find working code to draw an image from an array of hexidecimal color values, but need real time control of the LEDs to implement my spectrum analyzer. Any idea how to implement this without the shield? here is the link to the aforementioned code: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/25075-32x32-led-panel-working-code-to-improve?highlight=32x32

Did you find a solution?

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I'm under a time constraint and cannot procure any of these parts besides a capacitor. I did find working code to draw an image from an array of hexidecimal color values, but need real time control of the LEDs to implement my spectrum analyzer. Any idea how to implement this without the shield? here is the link to the aforementioned code: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/25075-32x32-led-panel-working-code-to-improve?highlight=32x32

Did you figure out this issue? I also want to control RGB LED Matrices with the Teensy 3.5 and have not had much luck researching how to accomplish that. I see that the libraries from Adafruit are not compatible, which is very unfortunate. If you found a solution please share :).

Why don't you dig into data sheets and reference manuals and contribute a library written by yourself? That's how the community here works. Taking - and giving!

Why don't you dig into data sheets and reference manuals and contribute a library written by yourself? That's how the community here works. Taking - and giving!

I really wish I could, but I don't think i am capable or qualified of editing or creating a library. Do you know of resources that might be able to help me do so? I'm willing to try.

Wouldn't there be a potential issue with this:
5V data logic level input

I think the 3.6 is 3.3V logic. I know I had issues with my WS2812, so I ordered a couple Octo boards from PJRC (Super fast shipping) and it smoothed out any issues I had related to logic levels.

The SmartMatrix Shield includes a level shifting buffer to convert 3.3V to 5V signals, similar to the OctoWS2812 board. Some panels work with 3.3V, but some do not. You can see the SmartMatrix Shield schematic and use the same pinout to connect a Teensy on a breadboard or perfboard to a buffer (available in DIP), and to the panel.

Maybe look at the SmartMatrix library?

The SmartMatrix Shield includes a level shifting buffer to convert 3.3V to 5V signals, similar to the OctoWS2812 board. Some panels work with 3.3V, but some do not. You can see the SmartMatrix Shield schematic and use the same pinout to connect a Teensy on a breadboard or perfboard to a buffer (available in DIP), and to the panel.

I was referring to Paul's post about using the library with the Adafruit panel that the thread was created about. Not an entirely separate product. Sorry for any confusion that I might have caused.

I drive an 8X32 panel with FastLED and the smartmatrix library off a 3.2 (with the OctoWS2812 from Paul), a LC, and a 3.5. The 3.6 had some ghosting and other anomalies that I could not do anything about, so I ended up buying the models that have 5V outputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back