Obtaining the Library: IEC60730B KINETIS Safety Routines VDE v2.0(REV 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

We're working on an automated tester for PCB's using Teensy 3.6. We want to self test the MCU using the Library IEC60730B KINETIS Safety Routines VDE v2.0(REV 2.0). We're having a terribly hard time to get a response from NXP how to obtain this library for use with Teensyduino.

APIEC60730: IEC 60730 Safety Standard for Household Appliances
Library IEC60730B KINETIS Safety Routines VDE v2.0(REV 2.0)
Routines for Kinetis with CM0+ core. Certified by VDE
EXE4.7 MBIEC60730B_CM0PLUS_2.008/26/2015

The download section from NXP leads us to nowhere.
http://www.nxp.com/products/microco...ld-appliances:APIEC60730?tab=Design_Tools_Tab

Thanks for reading! Hope you can help!
-Chris

This is only part of what you are probably looking for. You really need to talk to your engineer that does your certification submittals. Class B and C stuff are very serious and difficult to implement.

For my employer's safety-critical stuff, code certification is typically avoided. We avoid IEC61508 and UL1998 like the plague and do the important stuff using electro-mechanical interlocks.

You have to be a registered user to download. Once you log in you can download but if you try you get the following instructions:

IEC60730B KINETIS Safety Routines VDE v2.0
Submit this form to request permission to download this item. The download is free but does require that you register with us and accept a licensing agreement. The information you provide is kept in strict confidence by NXP.
After you submit your request, it must be approved by NXP. Your sales person or FAE will be notified when you are approved and will provide you with a URL you may use to indicate your acceptance of the license and perform the download.
If you have questions, please contact your sales person, FAE or preferred NXP®distributor.

There is an area for you to be in the required information.

I just tried. Indeed even if you're a registered user properly logged in, the download takes you to this page. :(

nxp.png

Indeed, we get stuck after submitting a request. We've filled out the form twice and contacted customer service, they pointed us here to get permission to download from the manufacturer.

BJB, I'll discuss avoiding this with my engineer.

This is only part of what you are probably looking for. You really need to talk to your engineer that does your certification submittals. Class B and C stuff are very serious and difficult to implement.

For my employer's safety-critical stuff, code certification is typically avoided. We avoid IEC61508 and UL1998 like the plague and do the important stuff using electro-mechanical interlocks.

The engineer in charge of this said this is why we'd like the boot up routine libraries. It will automatically check the MCU per the standard & will not require us to implement the standards in our own codes.

Ping me about this on Tuesday morning (pacific time) and I'll try reaching out to a couple people at NXP.

No point doing that on a Saturday!

Just a quick followup... contacted someone I know at NXP, they're forwarding the request to someone else. No resolution yet, don't know whether it will be resolved, but emails are happening.

Hello All,

We've developed a work around by creating a self test code for the processor. We will not be needing the library any more.

Thank you all for your help! You're very kind.

Best,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back