Sampler/Granular Synth Project Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm pretty new (and green) to coding, especially with microcontrollers, but I was wondering if this idea I had for a project would be in any way feasible to achieve with a Teensy.

Basically, I have a sample player(/kinda almost granular synth) class that I made in ChucK that I'm really keen to port over into a hardware tool, using the Audio Board and the Teensy 3.6. It would take an input from a series of switches/sequence, before playing back an audio file (located on the SD card) at random points, the timing of which would be dictated by the input sequence.

I'd love to give it an LCD display too (I've got a HD44780 kicking around that needs some use), with a small menu to change a few options in. Being able to feed in a sequence through MIDI would be really useful as well.

Cutting to the chase - am I asking too much or biting off more than I can chew?

I've been able to do most of this in ChucK (aside from the LCD, "physical" sequence and MIDI - never had time to get around to trying to get it working) and from the reading I've been doing it looks possible with the audio library, but I'm worried there might be something crucial that I've missed.

For a minor example, I can't seem to find any resources on editing the start/end points for sample playback off of the SD. Is this something simple I've missed, or a feature that isn't possible yet?

For reference, the ChucK class I'm referring to can be found here: https://github.com/pheromone-party/Uncoupling/blob/master/UncouplingClass.ck

Thanks <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back