easy to understand built in sd card tutorial for 3.6 teensy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehopper

I want to be able to either read a image file, and send the data out a ws2812b strip or read a text file I would create from python to do the same thing from the built in sd card slot on my 3.6

I am waiting for a strip of 432 leds to use for light painting.

I believe Adafruit has published some light painting examples which read BMP files. Maybe those would be a good starting point?

okay that didnt really help me, as it just made things more confusing. I am not good at understanding C or the arduino language. so I am having a hard time figuring out what I need to know to read a image file and output it to a neopixel string (432 pixels hopefully). if not a image file then a CSV might be okay too..

I am not good at understanding C or the arduino language

Thus, wouldn't it be better to learn systematically coding before you start building MCU based projects ?!? When you want to drive a truck, first step would be to get an appropriate driver's license...

There is the very easy to understand arduino reference page and there are lots of C/C++ tutorials on the www in almost all languages.

I know enough to do most of what I want to do, just some thing easy to follow for sd card would be nice, is that too much to ask for? I'm using fastled to controll the leds. and the examples are fairly easy to follow for my teensy 3.6. now if I could get the 3.6 to read the built in card to read either a image file or csv it would make my life simpler than having to use python to read a image then generate the code I need. but I can go that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back