Multitouch? (capacitive touch panels)

Status
Not open for further replies.

epikao

Hello,

from "elmue", (https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/1001891/A-USB-HID-Keyboard-Mouse-Touchscreen-emulator-with)
I got the infos that you have implemented a multitouch (capacitive touch) solution (with teensy 3.2 and latest teensyduino).

For me that looks a very fast interesting solution (use the standard USB HID touch driver),
because otherwise I have to write touch Linux/Kernel-driver and this is not easy.

However, I just had a quick look on your page but I couldn't find any thread relating to a capacitive touch-library/support or something?
Does somebody know more details? Which functions can I use to send x/y coordinates from 1, 2, 3 ... touches.

Also I have found follow link:
https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/32331-USB-HID-Touchscreen-support-needed

But I don't have found any further details, library, function or how to implement this descriptor?

Does somebody know more?

thank your very much for every support.

That stuff is USB communication. It's not "capacitive" in any way, other than most screens which implement this protocol happen to use capacitive sensing.

It's also very experimental. None of it has been documented, mostly because there's been relatively little interest with Windows 8 rapidly disappearing and Windows 10 having much less support for these types of devices.

I know this is probably not the answer you want. In the past, you've been very frustrated here. Please, if you're frustrated again, trying to keep things civil and respectful, ok?

I know this is probably not the answer you want. In the past, you've been very frustrated here. Please, if you're frustrated again, trying to keep things civil and respectful, ok?

I am the first time here, maybe you mistake me with another person?

However, so if I understand you right send/simulate touch (multitouch) with your teensy is not available or possible?

capacitive touch panels/wiring is not capacitive touch glass needed to put on your screen. If a company designed a usb drive that enabled any monitor to become capacitive touch, they'd be making a fortune by now.

capacitive touch panels/wiring is not capacitive touch glass needed to put on your screen. If a company designed a usb drive that enabled any monitor to become capacitive touch, they'd be making a fortune by now.

sorry, I think you misunderstand me (sorry for my english).
I try again:
If I want connect a touch-panel with a I2C Interface for example to a raspberry pi (raspian/linux os) almost touch-driver is missing. So I have to write a touch-driver for this linux/kernel. That is not easy!.
But most systems (including raspberry, linux) has already a usb hid touch driver integrated. That means if I have a touch with a USB-Interface I can simply plug it in the raspberry and it works. But unfortunately most touch-panels don't have a USB-Interface. So my idea is to read the touch-data with the teensy (over I2C), and the teensy send this touch-data over the USB.

Maybe I should just ask: Is it possible to simulate a usb-multitouch with the teensy, does anyone already tried this?

thank you very much

I want connect a touch-panel with the I2C Interface to the teensy, write my own code to read the coordinate and then I want transfer the data over the USB.

So my question: Is it possible? Which function can I use to transfer the data? I think with "mouse move" it would be difficult because I have more than one coordinate in case of a multitouch....

hope you understand me now?

I want connect a touch-panel with the I2C Interface to the teensy, write my own code to read the coordinate and then I want transfer the data over the USB.

So my question: Is it possible? Which function can I use to transfer the data? I think with "mouse move" it would be difficult because I have more than one coordinate in case of a multitouch....

hope you understand me now?

so the answer is this here:
https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/3233...support-needed?p=103689&viewfull=1#post103689
https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/cores/commit/42cbdc49c067b762836c7acd95e41115db444880

the function are:

TouchscreenUSB.press(finger, x, y);
TouchscreenUSB.release(finger);

I was just wondering that this is not documented somewhere on the pjrc.com...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back