Auto Reboot not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbaylies

Hello all,

I am using a Teensy 3.2 with Arduino 1.6.12 and Teensy Loader 1.26.

When uploading the basic blink program, and with Automatic Mode turned on in Teensy Loader, I still get the message:

"Teensy did not respond to a USB-based request to automatically reboot.
Please press the PROGRAM MODE BUTTON on your Teensy to upload your sketch."

I can press the button on the Teensy 3.2 itself, and the program will upload, but my current application requires me to try many iterations of code while the Teensy 3.2 is concealed within the apparatus I am building. It would be very inconvenient to open the apparatus to press the button every time I want to try new code. For this reason, it would be great for Automatic Mode to be functional.

Is anyone aware of the reason why I might be having this problem?

Does TeendyLoader 'View Log' show anything? Can IDE Serial Monitor display output from the Teensy? What OS is in use?

Is the code uploaded using USB Type: Serial? Perhaps the USB stack is not present or is being corrupted by the installed code. That is an old version of the IDE and TeensyDuino - not sure if any fixes apply - or if you need that old stuff for some reason.

I use TeensyCommander on my system. It offers a GUI 'Reset' button.

Hello all,

I am using a Teensy 3.2 with Arduino 1.6.12 and Teensy Loader 1.26.

When uploading the basic blink program, and with Automatic Mode turned on in Teensy Loader, I still get the message:

"Teensy did not respond to a USB-based request to automatically reboot.
Please press the PROGRAM MODE BUTTON on your Teensy to upload your sketch."

I can press the button on the Teensy 3.2 itself, and the program will upload, but my current application requires me to try many iterations of code while the Teensy 3.2 is concealed within the apparatus I am building. It would be very inconvenient to open the apparatus to press the button every time I want to try new code. For this reason, it would be great for Automatic Mode to be functional.

Is anyone aware of the reason why I might be having this problem?

This happens, for example, if your code crashes heavily and the USB code does not run anymore.
- or -
Or, if you use a lot of interrupts and the teensy does not receive the command to reboot
- or -
if you disable interrupts for a too long time
- or -
[...]

If this happens with "blink" loaded, there is an other problem...

BTW, you can just connect a cable to the PGM Pin !

Last edited:
I feel a little silly!

I dowloaded the newest versions of Arduino and Teensyduino and Auto Reboot works just fine now. I'll report back if the issue pops up again.

Thanks defragster and Frank!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back