AKM4558 support in library?

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiomath

Hello,
I'm a newcomer to Teensy Audio, and am doing the requisite digging to determine what's done that fits my needs.

A couple of questions:
(1) Any comments on the AK4558 support? (stability, anything notable beyond the notes in the GUI?)

(2) 44.1 kHz works fine with the Teensy Audio Board. Is variable sample rates (for the AK4558) a consideration, or even desirable for this kind of library? I was completely blown away by the fact that the library includes USB audio, but several of my checklist items require higher and lower sample rates. Having started doing some "bare metal" audio coding for STM32F4-F parts, I can begin to appreciate the kind of work that goes into a project like this.

Thanks!

Can't comment on AK4558. I don't even have that hardware here for testing.

I can tell you the audio library is fundamentally designed to run all parts at the same sample rate, which by default is 48e6/1088 (very close to 44.1 kHz). Several people have posted success stories here about modifying the library to run at other sample rates, both faster and slower. But the whole library runs at the new rate. It's not designed to work with multiple streams at different rates. Everything has to be synchronous to the same sample rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back