Teensy Loader problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a possible fix. Please give this a try and let me know if it works on your Windows 10 system?

Extract this to Arduino's hardware/tools folder, replacing the existing teensy_post_compile.exe.

Windows 10 Home
Windows 10 Creators Update
Version 1703
OS Build 15063.296
Arduino 1.8.2
Teensyduino 1.36
Teensy 3.6
Works, thank you.

Here's a possible fix. Please give this a try and let me know if it works on your Windows 10 system?

Hi Paul

I have not installed the latest Win10 Pro update and cannot get the loader to run without having to push the reset button. I have upgraded Teensyduino to the latest version (1.36) on Arduino 1.69. I have the problem with the new version of teensy_post_compile.exe you posted as well as teensy_loader.cli.exe (latest). If I push the button in either case it loads and reboots as it should.

It was working fine with VS2015/Visual Micro (i.e. no button push required) but I don't know if it is working now since my setup was trashed with the upgrades and I need to repair it before I can get back to where i was to test.

Hope a fix for this is forthcoming as i need to do "automated" programming in a production environment. Thanks

Al

I re-scanned toolchains, etc. and got my setup running again. I can now report that after a build, teensy.exe starts, programs, and reboots without a button push.

The teensy_post_compile.exe and teensy_loader.cli.exe methods work but require a button push.

I am trying to shell out from a C# application to program using either teensy-post_compile.exe or teensy_loader.cli.exe (both latest versions) and neither will work without a push of the button. I tried the same in a command window with the same results. I am running Win 10 Home and have all but the latest "Creator's Update" installed.

Do I need the Win 10 update to make it work or is something else wrong?

BTW, everything works fine when I compile and program from VS2015/Visual Micro.

Thanks a lot Paul, I try it in a min.
Btw I just discovered that on Firefox 53.0.3 (32 bit) / Win10 cannot see any attachment in this thread, ouch. Had to use Microsoft Edge

Last edited:
I am trying to shell out from a C# application to program using either teensy-post_compile.exe or teensy_loader.cli.exe (both latest versions) and neither will work without a push of the button. I tried the same in a command window with the same results. I am running Win 10 Home and have all but the latest "Creator's Update" installed.

Do I need the Win 10 update to make it work or is something else wrong?

BTW, everything works fine when I compile and program from VS2015/Visual Micro.

Any ideas on how I can fix my problem?

Hi

looks like I have to deal with the problem described in post #1.

Windows 10 pro 64-bit
Teensy Loader 1.40 and Teensyduino probably 1.40 (where can I find version info ?)

TeensyLoader needs reset button. Serial via USB does not work. Tested with Blink with some serial.print's etc.No output on serial monitor.

I tested the same sketch on a Linux machine. Worked as expected.

I am at a loss and need help.

P.S. problem solved - https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/47503-Win10-USB-Serial-yellow-triangle?p=158582&viewfull=1#post158582 helped

Last edited:
When I run teensy_loader_cli.exe --mcumk20dx256 blink.ino.hex

I get:
Unable to open device

However, If I press the button, it finds the loader and programs.

How to get rid of the need to press button? I am using Windows 7 Professional and can program reliably with the GUI tool (without button press).

When I run teensy_loader_cli.exe --mcumk20dx256 blink.ino.hex

I get:
Unable to open device
I am using Windows 7 Professional and can program reliably with the GUI tool (without button press).

Is the prior sketch compiled with USB active? If not the loader exe can't get the Teensy into bootloader mode without the button.

Buttonless programming

Is the prior sketch compiled with USB active? If not the loader exe can't get the Teensy into bootloader mode without the button.

I compiled the code with Arduino 1.8.4 (Teensyduino 1.29) IDE. I do development with USB emulating COM4 for loading the code and UART access. I ran the CLI program in a console window without IDE (no difference with IDE open too) running.

Another observation: The Teensy Loader 1.39 that pops up automatically when I run Upload from IDE always has the Operation->Program and Reboot options grayed out. This is with the Auto (Automatic Mode) button On and Off. But I can always Upload code without pressing the white button on Teensy 3.2

The IDE is doing something right that the command line program is missing. I tried after rebooting my laptop to wipe away any accumulated sins too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back