font, image and video extractor "MCU Resource Maker"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoek67

Been working on "MCU Resource Maker" for a while and now have it so it supports building fonts and other resources at various bit depths.

It also supports multiple image frames and recently added video frame extraction functionality (with or without sound).

The main aim was a format that's simple, compact and supports various bit depths. As the file format and embedded format are exactly the same it's quite easy to render either directly from memory or streamed via SD card.

On an Arduino Due I'm getting 20+ FPS with a SDD1351 128*128 display with 6K audio. I can't demo the audio yet as my AD7302 has been 1+ month wait so far (after which I received an email with a refund letter as they ran out of stock).

Got a few demo videos up last week and fixed up my new web site a bit.

One of the instructional videos :-

Main site :-
http://kiweed-software.000webhostapp.com/

I'm currently working on a video and documentation that shows how to use the resources in projects.

Basically if you need a font in a project it can be created in less than a minute and include only the characters you need (useful for a UNO that has a real lack of memory).

Code creation screen... processes current image(s) so it can be saved or embedded.
mcu_sc4.png

At the moment I've used the resources both streamed and embedded on SSD1305, SSD1306, SSD1351, Nokia5110, MAX7219 and SSD1289. I have generalized routines that load the resources either from memory or stream them etc but rather than pushing libraries onto people it's probably easier to supply them with the intention of people being able to understand the format so they can adapt their own code for use in any platform they are using.

For me, this one format eliminates the need for heaps of compressing and decompressing and the associated code and CPU time needed to decode. It's BMP, TIF, GIF, PNG, MOV and AVI etc all rolled into 1.

Finally got the AD7302 8 bit parallel DAC soldered onto a board... and it worked.

Have video + sound on Due so now looking at making sure it will work for Teensy 3.1 or better. I got SPI working properly on my Teensy 3.1 last night so have a base to build on.

Although the animations are shown on a color OLED they can also be played easily on other devices such as MAX7219 LED array as the convertor will also create 1 bit per pixel animations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back