Suggest next Teensy with Cortex M7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. The mechanical transducers, be it speakers, headphones, or record pickups for example have always been the weakest part in the chain and thus required the most attention and investment. That’s something which today’s 5$ earplug generations will probably not understand, as long as it’s loud enough... An electrostatic headphone gives much more fine details but it does not allow not high SPL and it’s much more expensive - nothing for people who are used to radio and TV which is interrupted every few minutes by a meaningless jingle...

Sorry, i didn't follow the last month, and have not read all the news.

I would just like to express the urgent wish (and maybe someone already knows something about it) that we also need a larger, faster display. Without that it's only half as much fun :)

WLAN might also be a good idea - via USB host, maybe?. I see that the USB library has already made good progress - hopefully you can use it for the new chip (?)
I would like to be involved in the development, also for the 3.6 - We could try to "port" Linux-wlan-drivers for some chipsets. (I know that they heavyly depend on other linux-network-stuff, but hey... We all love challenges - don't we?)

TEENSY 4.0 ?
May I suggest :
The next TEENSY generation would be nice with :
- A Graphic processing Unit (available with NXP I think ? or other external unit or a shield or daughter board)
- Digital pins physically aligned on the board in the same order as the corresponding internal registers bits. (In order to simplify the PCB and avoid re-ordering the bits !).
Thanks !
Pascal

TEENSY 4.0 ?
May I suggest :
The next TEENSY generation would be nice with :
- A Graphic processing Unit (available with NXP I think ? or other external unit or a shield or daughter board)
- Digital pins physically aligned on the board in the same order as the corresponding internal registers bits. (In order to simplify the PCB and avoid re-ordering the bits !).
Thanks !
Pascal

In prior posts this thread or others - the next gen NXP Processor i.MX RT1050 has been chosen, and the first rev T_4 pinout is for a small form factor T_3.2 sized breadboard usable device. Pin organization and layout as much as possible is to directly support Arduino compatibility and consistency with prior Teensy pin ordering, those priorities for general functionality determine the pins ordering and choice. Though some amount of FLEX capability within the new MCU core may allow alternate utility.

See: Teensy-4-0-(hypothetical)-pin-assignments

This might happen. But 2D GPUs provide only a few basic features, like alpha blending and bilinear scaling.

This absolutely will *NOT* happen. This chip has so many features scattered across many pins. To go with this sort of arrangement for a space-constrained number of pins would mean leaving many important features unavailable.

I believe you really need to be programming in assembly on an 8 bit chip, perhaps even 8051 or HC11, to qualify for old "you kids get off my lawn" geezer status.

Hey kids ... would you believe Intel 8080 in 1975, and 8748 in 1977?

I now I'm *really* late to this thread, but I couldn't help myself when I saw Paul's comment. As far as the actual subject matter goes, I'd love to see Wifi and bluetooth support on that board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back