Forum Rule: Always post complete source code & details to reproduce any issue!

Thread: Compile error

Compile error

Hello,

I get following error when I compile a skech:

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows XP), TD: 1.36, Platine: "Teensy 3.2 / 3.1, No USB, 24 MHz optimize speed, German"

Cannot run program "C:\Programme\Arduino\hardware\tools\arm\bin\a rm-none-eabi-ar" (in directory "."): CreateProcess error=2, Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden

Any help possible with this problem?

Thanks
    Larry

First of all: Using the not longer maintained XP exposes you and others to immense trojan and bot danger. Please consider upgrading towards at least Win7 to protect yourself and others (in case your XP was part of a botnet).

Your error message shows a space between ...\a and rm-none.... which probably breaks the file path and thus the access. Please try reinstalling Teensyduino 1.36 to make sure that the compiler batch directives have no errors.

Thank you, will try to reinstal TD 1.36, hope it will solve the problem.

Regarding Windows XP, you are right, but this is only a old, small Notebook for traveling (with extra protection software) and I'm afraid the hardware resources are on limit.
    Useally I have Windows 10 running on my other notebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Theremingenieur View Post
    Your error message shows a space between ...\a and rm-none.... which probably breaks the file path and thus the access. Please try reinstalling Teensyduino 1.36 to make sure that the compiler batch directives have no errors.
    I've often seen 'odd space breaks' when compiler output is posted. It seems to be something the forum message editor does.

I believe 1.36 has a bug when installed on a fresh (no prior Teensyduino installs) copy of Arduino 1.6.5.

Please try installing a newer version of Arduino, like 1.8.1 (the fastest) or 1.8.2.

Thank you everyone.

I simply have copied the missing files from my other notebook.
    Now it works.