8-bit TFT wiring or simultaneously over SPI with Ethernet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crustn

Hi all,

I'm working on a project where I want to use a WIZ820io Ethernet adapter and the Adafruit 2.4" TFT ILI9341 touch display on my Teensy 3.6
My first thought was to use the 8-bit wiring for the TFT (12 pins in total) and leave the the WIZ820io working solely on the SPI bus.
Unfortunately I don't get the TFT to work this way on the Teensy 3.6. On an Arduino Uno, the 8-bit wiring works as expected with the Adafruit libraries. On the Teensy, I get compilation errors.

So my first question, is there any way to use a TFT display with 8-bit wiring on a Teensy?

If not, I would have to use SPI for the display as well, right? Before I start to desolder everything (yes I know, I should have tried the everything on the breadboard first...), will TFT and Ethernet work well together on the same SPI bus? And do I only need to define CS and D/C for the TFT SPI connection to other teensy pins? It sounds kind of too simple...

Thanks,
Stefan

There is another thread active today where someone is porting the ili9341 parallel code to teensy (https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/44571-ILI-9341-Parallel-Library)

Also in theory should be able to use both on SPI... Assuming that both play nice and use transactions.

Also I have version of ili9341_t3 library that uses my SPIN library to allow it to run on any of the 3 SPI busses on T3.6... Up on github/kurte ili9341_t3n and SPIN
Also working on version that does not need SPIN, but uses new stuff for current Beta Teensyduino.

Hi KurtE.

Thanks. I have subscribed the thread you mentioned above. In the meantime I will have a look at your SPIN library.

Cheers

Great news! Seems I'm just right on time ;-)
Thanks you so much. I will have a look at it in the coming days.

Cheers
Stefan

Good News!

@KurtE: I tested your modified ILI9341_t3n and SPIN libraries and IT WORKS!!!!!! I left the WIZ820io Ethernet adapter on the standard SPI0 pins and patched the ILI9341 display to SPI1 (MOSI: 0,MISO: 1,SCK: 32, DC: 6, CS: 7). Both are working in parallel without interfering each other and the display is beautifully fast!!

@Awesome101: unfortunately, I didn't get your library to work with my setup. But as I saw that your library is using SPI pins, I didn't investigate further.

Thanks to all for the great work and support.
Stefan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back